I need a cheerleader

luvbskts
on 12/13/13 1:45 am

I am on day 11 of my pre-op diet and today has by far been the worst day.  I'm starving! My tummy is growling and all I'm thinking about is food.  I thought I'd be in the home stretch by now and I'm not.  I'm so afraid of the bowel cleanse then total clear liquid diet.  If I'm this hungry now, what's that going to be like?  I'm all freaked out about coming home with a drain.   UGH, emotions are taking over!  It wouldn't take a whole lot for me to call the surgeon, cancel, and then go out for a nice dinner!  But, I won't.  If I don't, I won't be here 15 years from now and I really want to see my kids get married and have kids of their own.

pharmagirl_45
on 12/13/13 1:59 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

You can do this!  You only have a few more days to go!  I will also need a cheerleader because I start my pre op diet on January 1st and I will be traveling for work so it will really be hard.

Take a deep breath and know that you can do this!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Kvp1029
on 12/13/13 2:03 am
Revision on 12/28/13

You can do this!  Just a few more days.  The hunger is a ***** that needs to be slapped!  

lil1inside
on 12/13/13 2:22 am
VSG on 07/10/13

You can do this!!!!! I know I was right where you were.  At one point I was seriously contemplating giving it all up and going out to get the full deal at KFC (seriously).   I am so glad I didn't do this.  I've gone from a tight 4X to an XL and I feel better than I have ever felt.  You can do this!!!!

Denise

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

G5x5
on 12/13/13 2:23 am - VA

Six months ago I was right in the middle of my two week pre-op diet.  I was hungry all the time.  We've all been there so hang in there.  Take a look at my numbers, I'm not special and that's you in six months just by hanging in there now.

First tip, you just have to get from meal to meal.  Don't focus on the big picture, just think meal to meal.  I learned this trick from a book on Navy SEAL training.  It's how they get through hell week.  Space out the food you are allowed throughout the day and just block out everything except getting to the next meal.

Second tip, drink water with crushed ice all the time and I mean all the time.  A glass of water with crushed should be in your hands at all times.  Then forget your dentist, and crunch the ice until your heart is content, sweeten it with MIO if you have to.  Keep doing this until you get to the next meal.

Third tip, fill your time.  You must not sit idle.  The weekend approaches so maybe go to the mall and shop/walk as much as you can.  Heck walk circles around your house if you have to.  But whatever you do, DO NOT allow yourself to sit idly by and lament on how hungry you are.

The prize is there for the taking and the ball is your court.  I promise you, life on the other side is dramatically better.  You will be such a different person in six months that you'll hardly recognize who you are now.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Shagdoll
on 12/13/13 2:37 am

Can I get a WOOT, WOOT!!!!!???? 

That was my version of cheering you on!!! 

You have completed 11 days of your pre-op diet ... I assume of a 14 day diet ... that is nothing short of amazing!  You are committed, don't give up!!  It's only a couple more days before you can begin your new life!  Take it from me.  I looove being able to have the energy I didn't have before to chase my kids and enjoy them like I never had before.  The rewards are so worth it so don't give up!

Even when I take my kids to Disneyland.  The last time my 8 year old was like, "Mom, I'm tired of walking, I'm ready to go home".  I was like, "Geesh, I was having fun; we were just getting started".

Hee hee

You are a few days away from the loser's bench.  I'm already warming the seat up for you!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Keith L.
on 12/13/13 3:01 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Two things to think about:

1. if it were easy, everyone would be doing it

2. anything worth doing is worth doing right...and this is WAY worth doing!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

fancyme
on 12/13/13 4:00 am
VSG on 12/03/13 with

I only had a 2 day pre op diet so I can't imagine how hungry you are and How big that FOOD MONSTER is today. What I did want to share with you is about your fear of the un known. Before surgery the words Catheter, Drain and Upper GI test terrified me. I have been scared of a Catheter since I was 20 years old, then reading on here on the other 2 I worked myself up to frinzy. I have to tell you none of those were anything to worry about. The drain wasn't bad at all not even coming out.

I am still on liquids so my diet consist of water, protein, and yogurt. I cook dinner for my family and really I don't want it. I worry about the picking, the old habit of tasting but I make sure I am focused and not trying to do 2 things at a time. Nothing feels as good as feeling the weight fall off. Yesterday I actually got dressed and got to put on clothes that I purchased years ago and never really fit. My bra's are on the last hook. I layed in the crook of my husband last night and he could hold me tighter then I can ever remember. It's only been 10 days and I already think it's all worth it.

I woke up today and can't sit down. I don't work but I just want to be out and feel the world.

You can do this..... Don't let FOOD win.... I feel like I got out of FOOD PRISON...

You know on here when they say it gets better each day.... it does... I can't even remember day 1.

Good luck...

~Sandy

Nancybefree
on 12/13/13 4:22 am, edited 12/13/13 4:45 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Preop is tough!  No getting around that.  You're doing it!  If you weren't hanging in there and getting it done, you wouldn't be as aggravated with it as you are.  You're awesome!

Have some hot tea if you're allowed, even if it's decaf.  That helps me to this day.

Push, push, push and get through this.  Once you're a postop and have that excellent sleeve tool in your arsenal, then you can really sail towards the life you want to live by putting in the solid self-care you are doing  r i g h t   n o w.

Excellent point about your kids.  At the advice of the counselor who did my psych eval, I made myself a vision board preop.  One of the pics on there -- to this day -- is a pic of a nice-looking lady wearing a gorgeous mother-of-the-bride gown.  I want to live to see my younger kids married and also want to be with my beautiful daughter when she picks out her gown someday.  I cried some tears over that picture, but it helped.

You're doing great!  Don't be afraid!  Keep going! 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Rosie B.
on 12/13/13 5:33 am

I am right there with you.  Surgery is on the 19th.  My daughter is upstairs cooking and I am hungry.  I think I will have some broth.  I was ready to quit until I had my blood test for cholesteral and ALL of my numbers are off and high, so I have to do this.  I think Christmas is a very bad time to do this, but that's ok; we can do this!  I have the same worries as you do about the drain, nausea, and all of that.  My emotions are all over the place but I am ready for a new start and excited to just get healthy.  I canceled the by-pass two years ago and although I am glad I did not have the by-pass, if I had I would be at goal by now.  I am not going to do that again.  I told myself I could lose the weight myself but I have not so I feel I need this tool!   We can do this!  I will be with you on the losers bench.  Good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views