9 days out and can eat TOO MUCH?

childof60s
on 12/26/13 5:08 am
VSG on 12/17/13

Hey all!  I started purees three days ago but it has been just a bit too easy. e.g. 3 oz of tuna salad would have been impossible, but I ate 2 oz easily.  I've eaten a mashed up meatball with lots of sauce, moist egg salad, refried beans with cheese without any difficulty at all.  I progressed myself from puree to soft solids since it's been going so well.   Today I consumed an entire hard boiled egg that I had simply sliced.   I wonder if my restriction is not enough?  I do get tummy pain if I try to eat too much too quickly, but it's no problem once I slow down.

I've lot a lot of weight during the liquid only phase (10 lbs in a week!) but this has slowed down but not stopped (1.5 lb during the past three days) since eating solids.

Is this normal?  I have a follow up appointment with my physician and nut a week from today.

Thanks in advance!

Co60s

Immediately after surgery: Blood sugars normal, metformin discontinued! Month 1: 18.2 lbs lost;  Month 2: 11 lbs lost.  Month 3: 11 lbs lost

Deckeriv
on 12/26/13 5:23 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Your tummy is still swollen and the nerves have been cut so you aren't going to have normal sensations. That is why you measure and don't count on feelings. Follow your plan to the letter and you will be fine and won't hurt anything. Measure, measure, measure. 

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

pineview01
on 12/26/13 8:31 am - Davison, MI

This is the reason!  Do NOT eat what you CAN.  Measure and only eat the amount allowed.  You can eat way to much for your new sleeve if you eat to feel full.  You will increase the odds of complications if you pu**** also.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

daniparis
on 12/26/13 5:24 am - Richardson, TX

Hi, Im one year out and at goal!

I was also surprised once I switched to purees and soft food, i thought I was able to eat to much. I had to learn to slow down, and found I will stop eating sooner if I take it slower ( something I still have to work on today).

I was also bummed when the loss slowed down...but I had to learn that a loss, any loss is still a step in the right direction, and every loss will add up quicker than you think.

Go slow, eat the "right" kind of food first ( treats every now an then) and you will succeed!

Annievvho
on 12/26/13 5:25 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Not necessarily. I was able to eat 3 oz of purées pretty much from the beginning of that phase (I started with puréed soups with added protein, so they were purées but still pretty liquidy). I moved to making chicken, ham, and crab salad purées and by the end I could eat about 1/2 cup of it. The thing my NUT told me about it is that the purpose of pureeing is to basically take some steps out of the digestion process. I can't eat that much in solids, though. Egg whites fill me up faster and sit with me longer. Essentially, in the purée stage, you're making everything a slider food.

TexasTerritory
on 12/26/13 5:25 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Sounds like everything is normal to me. I am a very slow loser yet I have met my Dr's first weight loss goal in five months. I am heading towards my personal goal. I think if you are following your plan then you should do fine. I average two pounds a week so I am learning patience. I tolerate food without any problem. Good luck.

sleonar1
on 12/26/13 5:27 am

I think every surgeon is different on what they allow, I was told that I could start tuna and chicken in the can this week and I am 5 weeks out. I can't have any red meat for 3 months or rice or lettuce. Just be careful not to over do it, I came to a stall for a week or so with my loss and was told to increase my protein and it has helped, I am down 18 pounds since surgery on November 18th and I feel really good, but it's easy to over eat. I have had a pretty easy time getting the foods down as well, but I have learned to use my fitness pal on my smart phone and log all of my food and I stay between 800 to 1100 calories a day with three protein shakes a day. Take it slow and talk to your doctor or dietitian if you have one to make sure you aren't introducing foods back to quickly. Good luck :-)

Shannon

G5x5
on 12/26/13 5:46 am - VA

The quantities are fine, trust me, your restriction will kick in if you push too far.

But I agree with the crowd, lighten up on the soft foods for a few more days then stick to truly soft foods.  Don't pu**** there's no rush to get back to anything.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

happyteacher
on 12/26/13 5:59 am

-Your nerves are severed and you will not feel things correctly

-There is a big difference between soft foods and dense protein

-You will feel restriction up the wazoo once eating dense protein

-You should not "progress yourself" in the phases, as they are there to allow your tummy time to heal.  It is not about what you can eat, it is about what you should eat right now.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

pineview01
on 12/26/13 8:31 am - Davison, MI

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views