1-Week Post Op / Waistline

miss_muffet
on 1/7/14 6:01 am - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

Good Tuesday everyone:

I'm one-week out today and feel quiet good. Surgery was as expected and although there was pain at times and discomfort the first two days home, I'm over the moon about how well I sailed through the experience.It was much easier than I anticipated. Of course a huge part of that was my wonderful surgeon, his staff and the staff at the hospital.

My doctor required a 10-day pre-op liquid diet but I choose to do two full weeks. For me, it was the best physical and mental prep for this surgery, hands down. My head is clear, I'm focused, I'm NOT thinking about what I can't eat, no self pity and I just started cooking for my child again (it's just the two of us at home). 

On to my question. The scale is showing progress, however my waistline hasn't budged at all. Today I put on the slacks I wore on my last day of work before surgery and they're tighter now. I know this will change eventually but I'm wondering if my waist feels bigger from swelling. The incisions are almost all lined up near my waist and I feel like I'm pouching out a bit. Does this swelling go down soon? 

Thanks, 

Mary

H 5' 4" | A 49+ | HW 250 | SW 226 | CW 171

Goal 140 / Fantasy Goal 128

Tracy D.
on 1/7/14 7:45 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It can take several weeks for that swelling to go down.  I couldn't stand to have anything around my waist or tummy for the longest time.  I just wore loose pants.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

miss_muffet
on 1/7/14 8:37 am - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

OK, good to know. Thank you, Tracy.  :)

happyteacher
on 1/7/14 8:59 am

Yes... it is swelling.  No worries.  I do not remember exactly how long, but do remember still having swelling at the 6 week mark.  If you have not done so yet, measure.  It will help you during stalls when the scale is not dropping... inches usually do during this time.  It is really worth keeping track of.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

miss_muffet
on 1/7/14 10:22 am - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

I almost didn't take measurements but the morning of surgery I decided to before going to the hospital. I checked tonight and my waist is a bit larger than pre-op. 

I know it will all sort out in time. I'm so happy I had this surgery, no regrets. :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views