Scale victories!

Annievvho
on 1/13/14 3:13 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

So I am just past 6 weeks post op, and I have a couple of scale victories. 1) I am under 250 lbs. this number is a huge one for me. Hitting that number at 15 was a huge problem for me. I realized then how out of control I was and wanted to make a change. Over the following couple of years, I lost down to 172 - my lowest grown up weight - and sort of kept most of it off for a couple more, but by the time I was 21, it was all back and then some. Since then, I have only broken below 250 once a couple years ago. I almost got down to 200, but fell way short of my goals, and my regain was very rapid. I had hit a stall and was so discouraged and hungry, I decided what's the point of depriving myself if I'm not going to lose anymore? Combine that with some pretty big stressors and I was now over 300 lbs, struggling to do anything.

2. Reaching this weight puts me less than 100 lbs from my initial goal weight range. I may change it as I get closer, but at this point I really want that "normal weight." At my height it is between 147 and 153 (because my height is halfway between 5'6" and 5'7") so I set my initial goal at 150-155. I really want 150, but with either goal, it is less than 100 lbs away now. That makes it seem more achievable. I'm not sure why since the most I've ever lost was 93 lbs, but I have this new tool that keeps the hunger at bay. It makes me feel more in control and more capable. I love my sleeve! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views