My Fitness Pal. Settings for cals? % Protein/Fats/Carbs?

childof60s
on 1/14/14 7:31 am
VSG on 12/17/13

Hi all, I guess you'd call me a "lightweight," as I had 85 pounds altogether to lose to obtain my dream weight (was OKed for surgery due to co-morbidities of diabetes and hypertension).  I'm a month out today and I've lost 22 lbs since my pre-op diet, 18 from the day of my surgery.  

So, the weight is coming off very very very slowly and I wonder if I'm doing all I can to maximize my weight loss.  I'm doing the Leslie Sansone Walking Off The Pounds DVDs each day.  I'm charting faithfully on My Fitness Pal but I wonder if I have my settings on correctly.  My NUT instructions were simply  80 grams of protein, 8 glasses of water, make low/no fat choices, one serving of starch, one serving of fruit" per day.   I've been skipping the starch and the fruit, and have instead been limiting overall carb intake to 40 and lower per day.   I have no idea how many calories I should be consuming either, and on my own have tried to hit it between 600-800 each day.  So although MFP is a great tool, I'm guessing at MFP settings.   Do you think mine are off the mark?  What are yours?  How many calories a day do you limit yourself to in the early weight loss stages?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Co60s

Immediately after surgery: Blood sugars normal, metformin discontinued! Month 1: 18.2 lbs lost;  Month 2: 11 lbs lost.  Month 3: 11 lbs lost

Annievvho
on 1/14/14 9:18 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Your weight loss so far is fine. I know it's hard to put in perspective, but when was the last time you lost 22 lbs. in a month? 

P.S. - You've lost about 25% of the weight you want to in only one month. That's amazing.

AnnaPat
on 1/15/14 12:37 am

Wow!  That is a fantastic first month!  Esp for a lightweight.  Seriously, your doc will be so pleased with that number, and you should be too.  And it sounds like you have a solid plan and are doing everything right so rock on girl!

annapat

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views