Dry-Itchy Cough?

mollymcb
on 1/24/14 6:34 am - TX
I was sleeved 3 weeks ago also and Sunday I ended up at carenow they said it was allergies gave me some cough syrup and a z pack and sent me home I feel so much better already
JAlston
on 1/24/14 8:04 am
VSG on 12/07/12

You know, it is weird now that I think back. I had a dry itchy cough that drove me nuts...for like 2 months I swear. I always took a PPI so I don't know if was sleeve related. Never even thought of that. Even went to have my allergies checked.  

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Michelle I.
on 1/24/14 9:44 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

I just hope it stops!  Its annoying!  Lol

tc_wa09
on 1/25/14 3:02 am - vancouver, WA

I don't want to panic you but please get this checked. I had a dry hacky cough and it turned out to be a pulmonary embolism and I also had a blood clot in my leg. It probably is not but make sure you listen to your body.

Jean M.
on 1/25/14 11:00 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

That describes my reflux cough perfectly.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Michelle I.
on 1/26/14 1:23 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Jean!!!!!  good to know! I am taking my  Protonix twice a day and hopefully it will subside!  

Jean M.
on 1/26/14 4:09 am
Revision on 08/16/12

I take omeprazole faithfully, but if I eat anything too close to bedtime (like an hour or so), the reflux tends to act up. And of course, at times my allergies act up, so it's hard to be sure what the heck is going on. I usually interpret that cough as reflux since it's the only symptom I had during decades of "silent" reflux.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views