NEED MUSHY HELP!

Michelle I.
on 1/24/14 2:52 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Okay so I am on mushies for the next 3 weeks.  You know the the yogurt/cottage cheese/refried beans and so on.  I need some new ideas for mushies that will be lower in the carb count.but good on protein.    I have been logging on Lose It and the carbs are just to high in my diet...at least for me. 

Any ideas would be AWESOME!

BetterTheSecondTime
on 1/24/14 3:07 am - Cortlandt Manor, NY

I'm still on  mushies for 5 days. I've eaten a lot of tuna fish with a little mayo and I've had 2 small frozen turkey meatballs mashed up with tomato sauce.

Last night I found these chicken sausages with spinach and feta and I whirred 1/2 of one in my small food processor for just a few seconds and it was a good consistency to eat and tasty.

Also, look for the recipe for Shelly's Ricotta Bake...it's basically ricotta, an egg, italian spices and parm cheese mixed up and put in a baking dish, covered with tomato sauce & sprinkled with mozzerella then baked. That's very good, though not as high in protein...it's a once in awhile thing at this stage for me.

I've also gotten the plain greek yogurt and added some sugar free Torani syrup to it - that's pretty good.

Hope those ideas help! :)

Michelle I.
on 1/24/14 3:45 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thank you!  That does help.  My surgeons "hand out" just shows the basic mushy stuff so I wasn't't sure what I could really do.  I just want to back off the carbs in the beans and stuff!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/24/14 4:55 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Check out Eggface's ideas for pureed foods (same as mushy):

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

The Ricotta Bake will make you cry it's so good.  Refried beans are also an option.  Good luck!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Michelle I.
on 1/24/14 5:37 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

DUH!!  I  forgot about EggFace! 

Most Active