Discoveries during pre op

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 1/25/14 1:55 pm

I have come to the following conclusions 3 days in to two week pre op liquid diet:

1. We should be able to add toilet paper as a medical deduction on our income taxes. 

2. The busier I am, the better. 

3. I have more will power than expected. 

4. Always carry a shake or snack on outings. They can be your fast pass back to reality. 

5. I've lost more weight in two days than I have in a month of some other diets. 

6. Writing on your bathroom mirror with a white board marker is an excellent way to track trends, even if it's all loses so far. 

7. Bridesmaid dress shopping is very difficult for a wedding 5 months after your surgery date. No progress made. 

8. Even a carrot sounds like a scrumptious treat. 

I'm sure that I will be adding to this list throughout my pre op so stay tuned if you're interested. 

mickeymantle
on 1/25/14 2:15 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it will get easier after your surgery , running to the bathroom all the time is a pain on the liquid diet but after you get on more solid foods most of us have more problems with constipation

put off buying a bridesmaid dress as long as possible there is no way to know how fast you will loss

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 1/25/14 2:18 pm

I'm planning on delaying as long as possible. Thanks!

jessies824
on 1/25/14 4:08 pm
VSG on 02/04/14

im totally on the same page im on day 3 now my surgery is feb 4 they only could have me do 12 days im surprised by my will power for sure and so are my family friends and co workers im with you except the dress that would be a hard one no clue how your body will be five months out 

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/14 4:51 pm
VSG on 01/27/14
My hats off to you guys. I've only had to do a 3 day liquid diet and I'm on day 2 and not very happy! I think it would be easier if i could use Almond Milk in my shakes. But, I only have a day and a half until surgery....time to suck it up! Good luck to you guys!
Tracy D.
on 1/25/14 11:22 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Writing on the mirror with a whiteboard marker is GENIUS!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 1/26/14 2:23 am

I thought so! I think I saw it on Pinterest. So many great ideas on there!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views