Pre-Surgery List?

mishaann01
on 1/29/14 1:00 pm

I'm getting sleeved on Monday, and tomorrow plan to go buy the things I'll need when I return home other than protein. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pineview01
on 1/29/14 1:16 pm - Davison, MI

Do you already have your protein powder than?  Other items, heating pad, gas-x strips, a thermometer.  Sugar free popsicles, jell-o and drinks.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

GigiT
on 1/30/14 8:08 am - TX

get some Gas-X strips that dissolve in your mouth....lifesaver!

mickeymantle
on 1/29/14 1:57 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

imodium , milk of magnias

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

pharmagirl_45
on 1/29/14 5:11 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Broth 

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Bufflehead
on 1/29/14 7:04 pm, edited 1/29/14 7:04 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

G2 or Powerade zero, low sodium V8 (or regular or spicy if you don't have to worry about sodium), a big insulated mug (Bubba Kegs are the best IMO) to keep your drinks hot or cold, whatever you are going to use to mix your protein drinks -- I love my immersion blender and can't live without it -- and a bunch of stuff to keep you amused while sedentary - stack of puzzle books, a loaded up Kindle, a bunch of stuff in your Netflix queue, tv series to binge-watch -- whatever appeals to you! Best wishes on your surgery.

OregonGuy2012
on 1/30/14 12:51 am
VSG on 04/04/13

It is not really an item for your list but you may want to take some pictures and measurements before you head in.  I like to see how far I have gone, it gives me motivation.

The_True_KayD
on 1/30/14 1:25 am

I found that having Chapstick, breath spray (bianca) and a pillow to hold against my stomach was helpful. I also bought 5 oz plastic cups because my plan outlined drinking 4 oz of protein drink at certain intervals. Helped me keep track. I put out on my counter the number of drinks per day. Seeing the pile go down helped me work toward meeting my protein goals..Also be patient with yourself. Expect to work up to your protein and liquid goals. Hide the scale for at least a week! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Melody2
on 1/30/14 2:11 am
VSG on 04/10/13

....a pillow to hold against you when you move around and travel home...

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/30/14 5:10 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

This is for the hospital, rather than home.

The most important thing for me was a good lip balm.  Because you can't drink any fluids after surgery, your lips become dry and gummy.  I recommend Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm because of the consistency and smell.  I applied it constantly and it helped me feel a little bit better.

Already mentioned above, but the sugar free popsicles are wonderful.  They help with your fluid requirements and give you something with flavor.  I had to let mine melt a little bit, then take tiny bites so my stomach wouldn't have a reaction.

Best of luck with your surgery!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views