Slowly but surely

sleevemama
on 2/24/14 12:36 pm
VSG on 04/30/13

You are doing great! That's an awesome weight loss. This weight loss journey is different for everyone but it is and will always be a learning process for us all. Believe me maintenance has been challenging and I work on it everyday I have many ups and downs. You are definitely not alone and most certainly not a failure. Congrats on great progress, we are all rooting for you!

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

Meintraining
on 2/24/14 1:00 pm

Like someone posted above. It could be worse. There is always someone that has lost less. I think I unfortunately hold the title for that. I'm not going to lie. I'm devastated by my lack of weight loss. It's hard not to compare. It's hard to not eat food for 4 weeks and have very little to show for it. Your doing great! Hang in there. We are all here for support when you need us :-)

MsVonne
on 2/24/14 2:54 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Thank you, you are right it could be worse but thank God it's not......lol I just wish I could see the loss like everyone else does. I'm here for you as well anytime you need! 

christinamudd
on 2/24/14 3:28 pm

I am so happy for you! So far I really like this site a lot too! I wish people posted even more lol.  

Jcarter4321
on 2/24/14 9:52 pm

I feel your pain. Four weeks down and "only" 13.5 pounds for me.

i am doing everything I am supposed to...logging my food, staying low carb and meeting protein goals, drinking water, working out...

I cannot help but be disappointed as well. Others who weighed exactly what I did have said they lost at least 20 pounds by now. Makes me feel like I am failing. I know intellectually that 13.5 pounds is acceptable and it is weight that I will never see again. Went back to work yesterday and nobody really noticed much weight loss.  Can still fit in all my regular clothes still....no shopping sprees for me yet. :-(

MsVonne
on 2/25/14 2:04 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

As you see we all know the frustration of not getting the results as others on this site but we are fighting the urge to compare ourselves to their journey when it is just that their journey and ours is just that ours. We have to learn to celebrate our loss and be happy with what we accomplished.  13 lbs is good so do your happy dance. But let me tell you along the way you will stall for no reason at all so when this happens to you don't freak out just continue to work the program you will get over it.  I had my first stall 2 weeks after surgery didn't lose anything for 2 weeks then it picked  back up and I lost everyday.  I just gotten over another one last week I hadn't lost anything in an month. I stayed at 241 for a month then all of a sudden I started losing again and now I'm 235 within 1 week so my stall is over and I've lived to lose another day and so will you.  So keep your head up we can do this.

AllisonKara
on 2/25/14 3:53 pm

Hi MsVonne, congratualtions for having undergone the surgery. You must have now become accustomed to the new you- with all the weight loss, the new diet and your new wardrobe as well :) .You should not consider yourself any less than the others. Everyone is special in his/ her own way. 

MsVonne
on 2/25/14 4:46 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Hi Allison, thank you for your support. Even though it has been 6 months since surgery I'm still not use to this at all it is still new, amazing and frustrating to me. Going through the stalls and loss and still not being able to look in the mirror and see myself smaller only in my face but not much. I haven't brought any new clothes yet because I had enough of different sizes in my closet so I'm fine for clothes for now.  But I'm very happy to see the scale going down my body is built like a pear shape small on top and wide at the bottom. My son says it best I'm losing weight from the top down so I'm a work in progress. I will keep my head up and keep it moving because I'm not only special.......I'm awesome and so are you 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views