Slowly but surely

MsVonne
on 2/24/14 1:58 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Hello family,

It's been a while since I posted but I'm a little under the weather but I'm still losing I will hit 6 months on the 28th of this month and I'm down 62 lbs so I'm feeling good about that.  I had a stall again for a month but started losing again almost daily which is an good thing. But my weight is slowly coming off I have come an long way from where I started so I'm doing good with my weight I have to get my other health issue back on track......but I'm feeling good.

But I have to admit that reading about everyone's success made me feel bad about my own.  This has been a mind game for me but I'm on that too don't get me wrong I love seeing and reading about everyone's story but it made me feel like I was an failure at times.  I'm sure we all have felt that at one time or another but number one rule "my journey isn't your journey and to celebrate my journey for what it is" 

So I say this in closing THANK YOU ALL, so much for answering my questions and letting me vent and supporting me when I did.  This is an emotional and physical process and we all are different but beautiful so family have a wonderful day!!

tdallison
on 2/24/14 3:18 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

You are not a failure!!!  DO NOT think like that.  Every pound lost should be celebrated!  I am sure you have heard many people say that this is not a race and I totally agree with them. 

Be proud of what you have accomplished!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

MsVonne
on 2/24/14 10:26 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

you are so right and I'm learning to celebrate my loss and I feel good about it but still fight the feeling of not doing well enough. I posted my 6 months pics but I don't see much difference but I know there is because of my clothing and the scale.  Congratulations to you as well.

Judy700
on 2/24/14 3:46 am
VSG on 03/11/14 with

I'm a newbie here and haven't even had my surgery yet, but I think you're doing great.  My surgeon said that if I can lose 50-70 lbs in the first 6 months, he will consider me a success.  Most people here seem to lose a lot more than that, but personally, if I'm where you are in 6 months, I'll be delighted.  Keep on keeping on!

Judy

VSG on March 11, 2014. 60 yo female from Washington, DC area. 

HW: 235  SW: 230  CW: 134.5 (3/23)    M1:-19    M2: -13   M3: -10.4    M4: - 8.2   M5: -6.4    M6: -5    M7: -7.4    M8: -4    M9: -8.6    M10: -5    M11: -3.6    M12:  -1.5 Goal reached 3/23/15 in 1 year + 12 days following surgery.  BMI from 42.1 to 23.9 

MsVonne
on 2/24/14 10:31 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Judy thank you so much for your kind words and you are right I'm doing well with my loss.  I hope I can get as close to my goal in the next 6 months.  To be honest if I get to onederland I will be happy!! Judy you will do fine on your journey.  But we are our worse enemy.....

bigredlt
on 2/24/14 4:19 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

I'm echoing what Judy700 said.  You're down 62 pounds and I haven't lost an ounce!!!!  I'm pre surgery.  Be proud of your accomplishment!  There are plenty of us that wish we were in your shoes.  Celebrate every pound lost.  You have lost 248 quarter-pound patties !!!  Keep up the awesome work!

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

MMmom
on 2/24/14 5:08 am

I like that 248 quarter pound patties.  I am going to start calculating my weight loss that way.

M&M

MsVonne
on 2/24/14 10:33 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Thanks, I like the quarter-pound patties comment and big mac's...LOL

carrie054
on 2/24/14 8:57 am

I'm only 4 weeks out but I agree it's hard not to compare yourself to others who are at the same stage as you.  I have to remind myself that often it's apples and oranges, because some people add their pre-surgery loss (I didn't lose an ounce on the 2 week pre-surgery diet), and everyone loses at a different pace.  Congrats on your success so far. 

MsVonne
on 2/24/14 9:50 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Congratulations on your lose and journey.  You are right it is very hard but it is an change of life style and an learning experience for sure.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views