Survived my first dining out experience

mollz007
on 3/1/14 4:30 am
VSG on 02/20/14

We went to firs****ch this morning... that is one of our favorite brunch place. My order used to be a big thing of eggs (i'm not sure how many... at least 3?) with avacados and bacon, with a side of potatoes and an english muffin. Now I am amazed at how much I used to be able to eat. I asked for a kids menu and I ordered one egg scrambled with some cheese on it, and it came with potatoes, bacon, and fruit which I gave to my husband. I also gave him some of my egg... it was pretty big for one egg... maybe it was 2? I don't know... but I think I did a good job of watching my portions and not drinking with my meal! And it was yummy!

check out my blog!

trinoc
on 3/1/14 4:41 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Congrats!  I've had good luck out w/ my family, too.  :-)

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

mollz007
on 3/1/14 4:48 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks! I was kind of nervous that I would accidently eat too much just because I love eggs... but I think I did a good job with portion control and listening to my tummy. I think for the future I am going too carry a 1/4 cup measuring cup in my purse to help because I am just paranoid like that.

check out my blog!

trinoc
on 3/1/14 4:52 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I'm really paranoid too.  I don't carry a measuring cup but I use the spoon and pull 2 spoons off the main plate onto a small one (bread plate...I ask if there isn't one on the table).  Then move the big plate out of the way.  I tell myself if I eat those spoons and am still hungry I could do 1 more.  I've never gotten another but it keeps me from picking.  You know?  

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

mollz007
on 3/1/14 4:55 am
VSG on 02/20/14

That's a good idea too... thanks! I know you dont really feel full for a few weeks so I just want to be sure!

check out my blog!

trinoc
on 3/1/14 5:02 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I know, that was the scariest for me.  Eating too much w/o even knowing I was full!  I sure feel it now.  lol

Tricia

maybebaby
on 3/1/14 12:48 pm - ID
VSG on 02/21/14

Yay! Good job! I survived sample day at Costco today! haha. Actually it wasn't that hard to avoid but they were sampling chocolate chip cookies which are my FAVORITE, but it didn't even phase me. I was surprised...pleasantly surprised. But dining out is a whole other ball game so GOOD JOB! I am thinking about going to dinner with my husband on Thursday night because that's the night before his pre-op diet starts. I was nervous but I think I will be OK! Not sure what  I will order yet because I'm still on full liquids...maybe they would blend their veggie soup for me?  Anyway, nice work! :)

Don't dream it. Be it. 

mollz007
on 3/1/14 1:10 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Good job to you too! That would have been so hard for me..I love cookies! Lol!Yay eating out on the liquid stage is tricky. Soup is always a good choice. One of our other favorites is red robin so I might take hubby there tomorrow and get the French onion soup. Yum! Good luck to your hubby too...That's awesome he is doing it too. Is he having the sleeve?

check out my blog!

maybebaby
on 3/1/14 1:26 pm - ID
VSG on 02/21/14

Yep, he's having the sleeve too! We knew that we would be much more successful if we did it together! I am excited to go on this journey with him! He's never had ANY medical procedure though so it'll be interesting to see how he handles it all! 

Don't dream it. Be it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views