Hi Everyone

cdurham88
on 3/2/14 1:46 pm
VSG on 03/26/14

I wanted to come by to introduce myself. My name is Carli, and I have scheduled my VSG surgery for March 27, 2014 with Dr. Les Miles in Birmingham, AL. With being less than a month away I am feeling both nerves and excitement. There are times I am thinking "What in the heck am I doing?" and there are times I am extra ****y with myself and thinking " You got this girl!" LOL 

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone. Please send me any tips that have worked for you. I am looking for as much help and guidance I can receive. 

Thanks So Much!

tdallison
on 3/3/14 3:31 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Hi Carli!  My name is Toni.  Welcome and congrats on your surgery date!  I think most of us had the same thoughts that you did.  Not an easy decision to make, but I will tell you it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself.  I feel fabulous and do not regret having surgery at all.  Not sure what kind of tips you are looking for but just keep checking out this website and you will learn alot.  The few tips to start off with that come to mind are: Make sure after surgery to sip your water and walk.  The quicker you get moving the better you will feel, also They are both important for a quick recovery. Try to get samples or small containers of protein drinks/powder because your taste changes.  I have several large containers gathering dust because after a couple of uses they started to gag me.   If you are not a sweets fan I would suggest Unjury Chicken broth.  It is the bomb!   I would also suggest you track your food and water on My Fitness pal.  It is a life saver.  Lastly, listen to your Dr. and NUT.  They know what they are talking about. Good luck!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views