Orthostatic Hypotension/Back to hosp

atia
on 3/3/14 11:01 am - parma, OH
VSG on 04/10/13

Hi All,

I appreciate all the support Ive gotten re my current issue.  I called the Cardio today and he wants me back in the ER tomorrow and they are to call him.  I pray God will heal me through the Drs.  Im just so tired and highly upset over this.

Tia

Judy700
on 3/3/14 6:10 pm
VSG on 03/11/14 with

I'm new here so don't know your history but I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.  

VSG on March 11, 2014. 60 yo female from Washington, DC area. 

HW: 235  SW: 230  CW: 134.5 (3/23)    M1:-19    M2: -13   M3: -10.4    M4: - 8.2   M5: -6.4    M6: -5    M7: -7.4    M8: -4    M9: -8.6    M10: -5    M11: -3.6    M12:  -1.5 Goal reached 3/23/15 in 1 year + 12 days following surgery.  BMI from 42.1 to 23.9 

Imakitekat
on 3/3/14 6:13 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Best wishes Tia, I pray for the best for you!

atia
on 3/4/14 1:52 pm - parma, OH
VSG on 04/10/13

Thank you all!

Im hanging with prayers.  They rehydrated me, again, upped the med, did other testing and it is indeed orthostatic hypotension.  I don't know what they did but I walked today...from car to house and in the house!!!!!

Im praying for better and stronger as the days go on. 

Thank you all again,

tia

JennyLove
on 3/3/14 9:46 pm - Douglasville , GA

Tai,

I'm going through similar things, Bp is 90/50, Hypokalemia, and PVCS. It has completely put a halt on my happiness and love of my sleeve, because , I am just so scared. I just wanted to let you know, you are not alone! I pray that you are healed and this is just a small hiccup in your journey.   

Jenny

atia
on 3/4/14 1:50 pm - parma, OH
VSG on 04/10/13

Hi Jenny,

Yes it sucks.  Even the Dr at the ER said 'we need to get you feeling better so you can enjoy that awesome weight loss'.  Boy I couldn't agree more! 

They did labs, other testing, gave me a bolus of fluids and ran a continuous drip, upped the Midodrin and for the first time in 3 weeks I walked without falling.  They also told me to sit upright more as ive been laying down since being sick.  Apparently Im not drinking enough as they had to rehydrate me again.  70oz isn't enough???  Also once again my Mag was low.  That I don't understand as Im on 400mg of Mag. 

Have you seen a Cardiologist?  My pcp consulted one when I was in the hosp for 5/6 days 2 weeks ago and best thing we could have done.  I start the med 3x's a day tomorrow and im praying for positive results...along with drinking more and eating pickles/more sodium...v-8 I get both:-).

Im praying for you...its going to get better for both of us and the others who are suffering with same/similar.

Be well.

tia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views