When can I eat a lemon?

maybebaby
on 3/8/14 10:10 am - ID
VSG on 02/21/14

One of my cravings from my childhood is sneaking up on me. I always used too eat lemon with salt on it! Or I'd make fresh squeezed lemonade but without sugar and add the salt! I know it's bad for my teeth but there can't be that many calories right? But I don't want to burn a hole through my tummy either. I'm sure I can't have the pulp yet but maybe the juice? Or maybe just a generous squeeze in my water? 

Don't dream it. Be it. 

dacamo
on 3/8/14 10:47 am
VSG on 10/12/12
If I had a craving like that & it wasn't harmful or filled with calories Drinking a bit of it might not be out of the question...watered down though.Wonder if electrolytes might be out of whack & that is where the craving originates from? In need of sodium?
maybebaby
on 3/8/14 10:57 am - ID
VSG on 02/21/14

Could def be something out of whack. I had this craving sooooo bad when I was pregnant with my son. Could be the sodium? I haven't had broth in a couple days. Good thoughts! Thanks for your reply! :)

Don't dream it. Be it. 

mollz007
on 3/8/14 10:52 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Have you ever had the lemonade crystal light flavor? I am currently obsessed with that. Or you could try the lemonade flavor of syntrax nectar... tastes just like it. I'm not sure about eating lemons. My plan says we can eat fruit as long as it's peeled,I would just be worried about the acidity. I don't think you would do any damage it might just be uncomfortable. I guess maybe you should ask your NUT. Sorry this answer wasn't that helpful, lol.

check out my blog!

maybebaby
on 3/8/14 10:55 am - ID
VSG on 02/21/14

Lol. Almost any answer is helpful! ;) Ooh I haven't tried the crystal light lemonade! I will try it! Thanks! 

Don't dream it. Be it. 

mollz007
on 3/8/14 11:00 am
VSG on 02/20/14

It's soo good I hope you like it! I think you could definitely drink some diet lemonade, watered down probably.

check out my blog!

dacamo
on 3/8/14 11:37 am
VSG on 10/12/12
DesertRose
on 3/8/14 12:26 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

I started putting lemon juice in water and tea at about a month out, and it hasn't bothered me yet, but YMMV.  (I'm 2 months out today.)  I found that the Crystal Light lemonade, while tasty, gave me heartburn, so be a little careful with that.

Monicahall81
on 3/8/14 1:17 pm

Hi, I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op and I have always been obsessed with lemons. About  3 weeks post op I started adding several Lemmon slices to my water, which has helped me drink much more. I haven't had any problems so far. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views