incision is sore

mollz007
on 3/9/14 10:20 am
VSG on 02/20/14

So all of my incisions are healing just fine, the staples came out after 1 week and I have had no problems. I get occasional spasms of pain but they usually go away fast. Anyway, this morning I woke up and the incision on my left side where the stomach came out is really sore. Not enough to go to the hospital or anything, just weird considering I've had no trouble. I usually sleep on my right side, but I must have rolled over to my left side last night. Hmm. Anyway, I looked at it and it looks just fine, so it must just be a muscle thing. It's a little annoying though. No real point to this post, just a vent and to see if this has happened to anyone else.

check out my blog!

Jennifer E.
on 3/9/14 10:23 am

I have heard that the incision where the actual stomach was taken out can be quite painful.  Think about what was pulled out of there. I am still pre op it had the same issue with my gallbladder.  The incision where they took it out ( much smaller than removing a large potion of stomach) was very sore on some days...better on others. 

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

mollz007
on 3/9/14 10:26 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I agree with you... probably normal... it's just wierd that it randomly happened today. Oh well, I haven't had any complications, so I can't complain too much!

check out my blog!

rengirl1978
on 3/9/14 10:27 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

My big one hurt pretty bad for a few weeks. It is located right above my bellybutton, however. Try and get some rest and hang in there!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

mollz007
on 3/9/14 10:40 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Good to know, thanks! I do have an incisin about my belly button, but that wasn't where the tummy caame out. They did warn me this would happen so I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe I'll do an ice pack on it.

check out my blog!

reader101
on 3/9/14 11:34 am

Once I was released to full exercise, including crunches, I resumed them. It KILLED that left side incision. I can do them on an exercise ball, but not any other way yet. I am going to give it a few more weeks and try again. I wondered if I was stretching some scar tissue or something. But the pain felt just like the first week post op, so who knows.

katmeowxo
on 3/10/14 4:54 am - OH

Hi i had my surgery on 2/20/14 and my inciaikns have been fine its not until i went back to work did they start hurting more

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views