Jitter Bug

tabby_87
on 3/10/14 10:14 am

OH Friends..I need a little boost! I am in the process of starting my journey..Iam doing my Weigh****chers and my required physician monitored classes, but along with that is a upper GI scope. Which is tomorrow..from someone who has NEVER been put under laughing gas let alone full fledge anesthesia I am a nervous wreck!! If I am so worked up about a 15 min minor procedure how in the world am I going to handle the BIG ONE? I have a awesome support system at 26 yrs old I still need my momma! And well I suppose my husband will work in a pinch :) but sometimes hes as comforting as a porcupine! LOL! At this point Iam just rambling..any kind comforting words are greatly appreciated

PerfectAngel
on 3/10/14 10:26 am

It's a breeze, it take more time to prep you for the scope than it takes them to take a peek!  They stick the IV in, take your blood pressure, then your off to OR, there they will spray your throat with horrible tasting stuff to numb it and before you have time to get the taste out of your mouth your out.  Simple and definitely not worth the worry, just part of the process!  

CHERRYBELLA14
on 3/10/14 10:27 am

Hello friend (-: the scope is sooooo NOTHING (-:

It was easy and fast; they put a mask on me and I woke up in a different room and was like did they do it???

The nurse was like not only did they do it but your ride is here for you LOL.

Your going to do great dont worry! (-:

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...* IF YOU DON'T STEP FORWARD...YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE SAME PLACE.

tabby_87
on 3/10/14 10:30 am

Thanks gals!! I appreciate it...much better when you hear from people who have actually been threw it! :)

Jennifer E.
on 3/10/14 10:29 am

It's super quick and you won't remember a thing .  Take a deep breath :)

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

DesertRose
on 3/10/14 3:42 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

I was terrified of general anesthesia before I had my gallbladder removed in 2001, but as with the sleeve surgery, it's the only anesthesia option, so I had to do it or continue with the pain and constant nausea.  There really is nothing to it.  They stuck a mask over my face and told me to take three good deep breaths, so I breathed in once, exhaled, inhaled again, and I don't remember anything else until they were waking me up in the recovery room.  I don't even remember exhaling the second breath, LOL, though I must have.

Be at peace.  Best wishes!

Gwen M.
on 3/11/14 12:28 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

You can do it!  The one thing I highly recommend is that you tell the nursing staff you're nervous.  They'll do their best to keep you chatting and distracted and it's such a help :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views