One Month Today Post-Surgery

keylady42
on 3/17/14 5:04 am

Today, I am one month post-surgery.  I need some advice with the vitamins.  I ordered and was Bariatric Advantage Calcium Chewables twice a day.  I cannot do that forever.  The taste of them is getting really old and almost make me sick to take them now.  And they are expensive.  There must be a less expensive way to take calcium; and maybe in a small pill that can be just swallowed.  Any suggestions?

Also, my doctor wanted me to take a vitamin that you take only once a week (I cannot remember the name of it - "D something").  Anyway, this office gave me a coupon for a kind that you spray once a week up your nose.  It is gross and it makes me sick.  Any suggestions here too?

mollz007
on 3/17/14 5:29 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I buy calcium pills at the vitamin shoppe. Last time I went I bought some chocolate calcium chews for $15 and they each have like 1000 mcg I think. That and GNC are where I like to go, though I prefer vitamin shoppe. Also, have you heard of the celebrate ENC protein powder? It is pricy, but it has lots of protein PLUS a lot of vitamins, it's like taking a mulitvitamin. I like the cake better flavor, I blend it with ssome milk and SF raspberry flavor and it is so tasty!

check out my blog!

mollz007
on 3/17/14 5:30 am
VSG on 02/20/14

My bad, it is celebrate ENS. Here is a link. http://www.amazon.com/Celebrate-Protein-Multivitamin-Chocolate-servings/dp/B0074AHZ3Y

check out my blog!

Mike_1964

I was told to take Citracal petites.  Walmart has their own brand of petites as well, Equate Calcium Citrate+D3 Petites. 

They are bigger then a Tylenol but not hard to swallow. 

Mike                                                                             VSG on 02/24/14

civilmomma
VSG on 03/07/14

I think b12 is the 1x a week thing, unless you are vit D deficient and need to do a weekly booster pill too.  I did a pre-op weekly vit D pill 1x a week for 8 weeks.

I think once you can swallow pills a calcium citrate pill is ok.

There are B12 dissolvable lozenges that you put under your tongue - chalky but fruity flavor.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views