Only 5 days post op and sick of protein shakes

Blessed2bFree
on 3/17/14 9:11 am

Ok I know how important it is to stick to plan and I am, but I'm only 5 days post op and I'm already suck of the protein shakes and vitamins and Pepcid.  I think the problem is all if the artificial sweeteners they us to flavor these things. Pre- op I used artificial sweetners very rarely and they really didn't agree with me.

Now I feel like I'm over loading with them. I think all those chemicals are causing even more gas and nausea.  Any suggestions????  Please help!

VSG 3/12/14  HW: 297  SW: 281  CW: 227.5 Goal:145  

PerfectAngel
on 3/17/14 9:34 am

I hear ya!  I think most folks would also agree, for me it was all I could do to get the drinks down (premier protein tasted like wet goat.)    Bariatric choice will send out a ton of samples to try (I order the Fusion all in one chewable vitamins from them) but to be honest...chicken broth with an unflavored protein powder was the best I could do!    Good luck! 

Shagdoll
on 3/17/14 9:37 am

The sweet stuff kinda gets to you especially since it seems to be the easiest to get our hands on ... protein shakes, SF jello, water w/MIO or crystal light.  I havent tried the Unjury Chicken Soup/Broth protein powder but maybe it's worth a shot to kill all that sweetness.  Or even sipping plain ol' chicken broth or unsweetened hot tea.  I know it's a tough time.  Try your best and before you know it, you will be in the pureed stage so you can get more of a variety from there.  Good luck!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Gwen M.
on 3/17/14 9:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm allowed strained soups as well as protein shakes and they're super tasty. So far I've had panera's French onion soup strained and then a creamy tomato soup that I made myself strained. I've also have sugar free Popsicles.  

If your plan allows it, try some variety!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

KrissyKooKoo
on 3/17/14 11:44 am
RNY on 07/22/19

I'm right there with you! I have yet to find a good solution. Let me know if you do! I tried watering mine down and it just took me ten times longer to drink lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views