New find at Trader Joes

mollz007
on 3/19/14 11:20 am
VSG on 02/20/14

So I got the green light from my NUT to have ground beef (wasn't sure because some can't have in in the soft food stage) so tonight I am having some frozen turkey meatballs I got at trader joes and they are yummy! I am in heaven!

That's all. Just a suggestion for people on the soft food stage if you can eat ground beef/turkey.

check out my blog!

pineview01
on 3/19/14 11:32 am - Davison, MI

I wasn't every given the go ahead for ground beef.  The diet just addressed "red meat".  I started using real cooked ground meat in the soft food stage.  You just need to have it really broke up tiny and not chunky.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

themexcellentone
on 3/19/14 1:25 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I LIVED on those when I was able to move to soft foods.  Those turkey meatballs with a little marinara and shredded mozzarella = YUM.

Watch the sodium on them though...if I remember correctly, it's 600 mg for two meatballs...yipe!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mollz007
on 3/19/14 1:29 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

You are correct... I got 400mg for 2. I'm not too worried about it, but I will make my own next time to reduce the sodium! Also, my husband has celiac disease and these had wheat in them... so I'm going to make them gluten free.

check out my blog!

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/19/14 2:08 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I haven't had the nerve to try ground beef yet..but I had some Larb (thanks Frisco!) with ground chicken at a thai place last weekend and it was delicious! I asked for no rice and it was very satisfying..I think I ate maybe 2oz..I did order some Satay, chicken, but it was so thin and dried out, even with a bit of peanut sauce, there was no way I could it eat. 

Turkey meatballs sound awesome! I just found out we have a Trader Joe's nearby! Hooray!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views