Food CRAVINGS 6 days post-op

ColleenInOregon
on 3/21/14 1:43 pm

I am 6 days post op and I swear I am HUNGRY! I thought this would cut out hunger feelings.....I am strictly sticking to my post-op diet but I want a cheeseburger or pizza so bad I could cry! Is this what being a "food addict" is? Is there counseling for it? Anyone else feel hungry after surgery? My coordinators kept telling me I wouldn't feel hungry, so I am a bit mad.....

sunspray
on 3/21/14 1:49 pm

I am a month out and have been hungry every day since surgery. I don't notice the not being hungry part, I only notice getting full faster. But maybe it comes later. :)

I will say, I am less hungry now that the first two weeks post op, but that also might have to do with not being on liquids anymore.

ColleenInOregon
on 3/21/14 1:58 pm

Thank you, that makes me feel better....I just went for a walk and smelled someone in the neighborhood BBQing and came home to my water and protein shake   I think things might get better when I can actually eat??? Sure hope so 

mickeymantle
on 3/21/14 3:56 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

part of it might be acid , you need to talk to you surgeon about changing your ppi

it might also be head hunger and there are many therapists that work on eating disorders , ask your surgeons office if they could refer you to one

it helps when you can eat solid food , yes you will be able to eat a burger with cheese , just leave off the bun and sauce

you can peal the cheese and sauce off pizza if you want some

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

rengirl1978
on 3/21/14 4:13 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I agree with the previous poster...ask your surgeon about antacid. You could be feeling that and mistaking it for hunger. Yes, food does still smell good! You have to be strong (or in my case stubborn) to stay away from the temptations. You can certainly get some therapy to help you cope with the head hunger. I know it is an issue for me. I am working on it with my therapist for sure. Stay strong!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views