Had SO much fun eating at Olive Garden tonight!

ReclaimingPaula
on 3/22/14 1:59 pm
VSG on 01/28/14

My hubby and I went on a date for the first time in a long time, decided to eat at Olive Garden.  Here is what made it FUN!  I ordered an appetizer that is grilled chicken skewers (absolutely PERFECT in my opinion for an eating out type of thing).  The waiter, when I ordered that for dinner was like "But it's really small."  I said that was fine.  Then, he REALLY wanted me to eat some of the salad that he had given my husband with his meal - brought me plates and everything, even though I had said I didn't want any salad (not supposed to eat raw vegetables yet).  So, I put a little bit of salad on my plate to make it look like I had eaten some.  Then, when I only ate half of the chicken skewers, he was like "Okay - you're done?"  I said, "Yes, and it was delicious."  He walks away saying, "Okay, good, at least you liked what you did eat."  I never explained - really entertaining to me.  I could tell he just did not get it!  By the way - I vote this particular meal choice as a TERRIFIC one for eating out.  The whole appetizer if you could eat it would be 170 calories.  I could only eat half, but that was my normal amount of chicken that I can eat, and the red wine sauce on it was delightful!

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

DesertRose
on 3/22/14 2:38 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I went to Olive Garden recently with a friend, and decided to try the salad since I was a good way post op (close to two months at that point but I hadn't dared raw veggies yet) and found that I tolerated it just fine.  I ordered the cheese ravioli with marinara sauce because I don't seem to tolerate reheated meat well and took home leftovers.  :)

That chicken sounds yummy!

Best wishes!  :)

Spencerella
on 3/22/14 2:41 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Well handled!  Great choices all around, despite your poor server's confusion.

I still order from the appetizer menu too, even though I'm well into maintenance. To make things extra confusing, I often order two appetizers - you know, one protein and one veggie. I eat a few bites from each and pack up the rest to bring home ;) 

In our culture, it's very confusing to see uneaten food in any quantity. And let's face it, even the appetizers have become full servings!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

happyteacher
on 3/23/14 12:22 am

I will have to look for that appetizer.  I eat there every so often- they have a fantastic light menu there.  I never bother with appetizers since I can never finish a meal anyway, but that might be worth a try.  Thanks for sharing :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views