Update for me

mwall81
on 3/26/14 7:12 am - MI

So I was originally planning to be sleeved on March 17th in Mexico.  My mom was going to go with me, but because she dicked the dog so to speak, she didn't get her paperwork in time to be able to cross the border.  At first I was really pissed and incredibly upset, but I got over it.  Every thing happens for a reason, right?

So fast forward 2 weeks. . .I just met with my PCP today and started the process to go through surgery up here.  I met with the dietitian in my office as my insurance requires me to go through a 6 month physician weight loss program in order to qualify for surgery.  My BMI is high enough that I don't need any comorbidities (Thank God!).  So its off to the races so to speak.

I try not to be bitter about not going to Mexico as planned, but I spent a lovely week in San Diego (Already had the tickets and they were non-refundable) but it still kind of bums me out.  But atleast this way, any complications will be 100% covered by my insurance company, lets just hope there are none!  

So, it looks like I'll be joining the losers bench a little bit later than I thought, but I'm still excited.  I'm hoping to have surgery before the end of this year, and being realistic about weight loss through this supervised program.  The dietician from my PCP's office called, and she wants to refer me to the hospital in my area for a "Pre-Diabetic boot camp" type of weight loss program, as apparently I am leading towards being pre-diabetic.  So keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm going to get there soon, I can feel it :)  

Love to all, and thanks for your continued support!  You guys Rock!! :)

Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

Gwen M.
on 3/26/14 7:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry that Mexico didn't work out.  Why did you opt for Mexico initially?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mwall81
on 3/26/14 7:25 am - MI

I didn't think my insurance up here would cover it.  Most of the insurance's in the United States require you to have a comorbidity along with a high enough BMI.  But after the incident with my mom, I called them and they sent me the paperwork regarding their requirements for the surgery.  As it turns out, my employer has excellent coverage for us, and I do qualify up here.  I've just got to do a 6 month physician supervised diet to show them that I am serious about losing weight and changing my life and not using this as a quick fix.  

So like I said, I"ll just be joining the loser bench later than I thought :)

Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

Gwen M.
on 3/26/14 7:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That's really awesome that your insurance does cover it after all!  And how nice that you'll have the peace of mind of complications being covered and everything else :)  I'm really happy for you!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mwall81
on 3/26/14 7:35 am - MI

Thanks, me to :)  I'm super excited and super nervous all at the same time!  But I'm gonna get there, one day and one step at a time!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views