:-( frustrared and cranky

Kelly Jean
on 3/26/14 6:20 am
VSG on 04/08/14

ok so ive been jumping thrrough hoops doing way more the I have to ,maybe to much.... my surgery was planned for april 8th so we were trying to do it by april 1st so I cut back eatting a week and a half ago for the pastb week just protien shakes and water some cheese here and there and some scrambled eggs a few times ...ohhhhhh and muliti vitimans .... so tomorrow i go to the surgeon I know im down at least 15 lbs....  I have to sign all the consent papers and I still dont have my date so its looking like theb8th  :-(  what if I loose to much will they not do the surgery  ?   also im starving from not eating and being frustrated and I may havebto do thisbfor another week.... I know I will also after the surgey ...but then my tummy will be smaller so I know  can do ....

HELP !!!!!!!!!

gabby169kitty
on 3/26/14 6:25 am

I've never heard of them cancelling surgery for losing too much weight. Losing weight before surgery makes it safer for you and easier for the surgeon. You are doing this because in the past you haven't been able to keep off the weight long term. Your surgeon understands this.

From what I've gathered, for insurance purposes, your consult weight is the weight that qualifies you for surgery, not the weight right before.

Lemily
on 3/26/14 6:41 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I asked that same question before my surgery...what happens if i lose too much weight before surgery. They told me it goes from the weight of your initial consultation. Just make sure you are still getting the nutrients in that you need before the surgery.

Nikke2003
on 3/26/14 8:17 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I lost 107 lbs during the supervised diet prior to surgery and they didn't cancel mine and tell me I didn't need it, so I think you're going to be just fine.

I would not recommend just drinking protein shakes and eating a little cheese though as part of "healthy change" prior to surgery.... that sounds more like a crash diet. You can cut back and make sensible choices without torturing yourself - if you are in fact feeling frustration and/or tortured at all by your current diet.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Kelly Jean
on 3/26/14 8:38 am
VSG on 04/08/14

thank you all for the responses .... Im just having a very bad day at work and home and was hoping the surgery would be the 1st not the 8th ...so I think im just having a stupid pitty party....

Nikke2003
on 3/26/14 10:19 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It happens!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

trinoc
on 3/26/14 9:42 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I wonder, if on top of the worry about dates, you're not experiencing the crankiness that comes w/ the drastic reduction of carbs.  AND, you're combining it w/ hunger since you haven't had the surgery yet.  I'd go back to a more balanced diet and see if your outlook improves a little bit.  But that's just me.  :-)  You have plenty of time, post-op, to be protein heavy!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 312 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views