Accountability

KevinBacon
on 3/27/14 2:18 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Soup for you!!!! 

Kidding. :) 

Good job staying accountable! I like to see examples even years down the road of how useful the sleeve is for life! 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/14 2:24 am

Only if she likes soup.  :)  Soup is not the only solution, it works for me because I like it and it takes the guesswork out of it, but there are many ways to get to the same place.  Others like to just measure out 3 ounces of protein and eat green veggies to get the same result.  It has to make sense to the individual and work with us not against us.  I use the soup for a few days (usually in the winter months when I really crave soup) to shrink my capacity and de-carb.  In the summer, I am just as likely to use salads with protein.  There is no magic in the soup, it's only another tool.  I know you were probably just kidding, but I think it helps to explain where I am coming from with my soups. 

newme3
on 3/27/14 2:36 am

Ha! You may be right lol :) I hope not though honestly 

HW- 215  SW-212
Scott S.
on 3/27/14 3:02 am - TX

I remember a post that Elina did (one of her many great posts I might add) that talked about rewards.  Being so close to your goal, have a reward posted for when you hit it!  It can be anything from a gift for yourself or an experience (show, movie, dinner (healthy!)).

For me, I plan on getting a Vespa when I hit 200lbs.  My goal weight is 185, but 200 was the number I put down for my reward.  I am 15lbs away!  I set that reward about 40lbs ago.

For me, it's been a great self motivator!!

Good luck.  Get back to basics and you can do it!

Scott

VSG: 8/8/13 

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/14 3:18 am

I am really happy to hear this is working for you.  It works for me too.  I am working on getting these four pounds off now and I too have a reward in mind.  There are these Christian Louboutin shoes....:)  I would walk through fire to get them, never had shoes like this before, might be time to get them now while I can wear heals. 

Scott S.
on 3/27/14 5:10 am - TX

You'll have to post a pic of them when you hit your goal!  And you will hit that goal soon enough!!

Scott

newme3
on 3/27/14 3:21 am

That's a great idea! I will have to think on that one, what would really be a motivation for me. Thank you for the tip.

Julie

HW- 215  SW-212
Scott S.
on 3/27/14 5:11 am - TX

Of course!  And do post your goal gift so we can see it when you hit it!

Scott

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views