It's just one of those nights....

mollz007
on 4/7/14 12:08 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

*caution- pity party table for 1 here*

Toonight is just one of those nights I wish I could drown my sorrows in a big bowl of ice cream.

So here's a little backstory. I am in my second year of a masters program in special education. There is a very specific sequence in which I must take courses because some are only offered at certian times, some need to be taken before others, etc. Anyway, I met with my advisor today, and next semester I have to do my internship. Most people in the program, including me, are paras in special education, and some are already teaching, and most districts around here will let you work and do your practicum at the same time. Like a paid internship, if you will. Well, apparently I work in the one district that does not allow that! So my options are to not work and do my practicum at the school I work at (not an option at the moment) or get a job as a para at another district. My advisor recommended several districts that will work with me. So now I have to get a new job. I'm not worried about it, but I'm really sad! I've worked at this school for a year and I have gotten so attached to the kids and my coworkers. It's just stupid that the district did that. I guess it's the policy and they can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean I agree. I don't want to get a new job! I hate interviewing!

On top of that, I have tons of homework tonight, I am hungry byt nothing in my fridge sounds good for dinner (I just want a pizza!(, my husband is out of town and he took our doggie with him, and I'm stuck in this damn apartment that we just moved in to, so nothing is in it's place! I'm just crabby!

*Sorry if this didn't make sense to anyone not in the education world- or even people in the education world. Just send me virtual hugs please.*

check out my blog!

purplequeeny
on 4/7/14 12:24 pm - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

hugs hugs and more hugs.... i get it....i worked in a nursing home ( i loved it) and i worked with the same set of patients and got very close with them and them with me, then they would shift me to another unit after 6 months or so.  Never made any sense.  So I get it.  tons of huggs to you and thanks for what you are doing... you will def make a difference

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

mollz007
on 4/7/14 12:28 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks... I felt like crying when I got the news. Maybe I am being silly but my students seriously make my day everyday... I will miss them I guess this is what happens when you teach.

check out my blog!

carrie054
on 4/7/14 12:28 pm

I'm sorry....I'm glad you're not drowning your sorrows (but you could ake protein ice cream!).  I know how hard it is to leave a job you love.  

VSG on 1/28/14

M1 -24 lbs  M2 -11  M3 -14 M4 -6 lb(total loss:  55)

HW:  297  SW:  279 CW:  224

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/14 12:29 pm - Canada

I'm sorry and I totally would (in a past life) make you some Boozy Ice Cream and drown your sorrows with you.  

For tonight eat some protein that is easy to grab.  Don't even do it for anything other than simple sustenance.  Take a nice hot bath and then get to work on that homework!!!

You will love the kids you work with at your new school just as much and I'm sure if you explain your situation to your current school you will have an open door for when they are hiring again.  It's just a season that you need to get through.  

You have a lot on the go and hubby being out of town with your fur baby isn't helping.  I send you big hugs and prayers.

God bless, M

Susie H.
on 4/7/14 12:57 pm

Hang in there.  Making decisions that are tough tonight will give you strength tomorrow.

mollz007
on 4/7/14 2:12 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I just get way to attached to people sometimes! I'm also experience the 'hormone dumping' or whatever so I am probably overreacting. I should just go watch a sad movie and have a good cry.

check out my blog!

Kelly Jean
on 4/7/14 3:08 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

My son teaches autistic children up on Westchester ... He adores his kids... so I feel your pain... and as said above where ever you go remember those kids will love you and need you also... and you will love them and need them too... that's what makes you such a great teacher. ..keep smiling.. have a sugar free ice pop ... best of luck .. With this new adventure also... {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} feel better soon 

Calaska
on 4/7/14 3:52 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

Maybe you could see this as another opportunity for personal growth. Scary, but it will be worth it. Hooray for new experiences!  You will be stronger!  Good luck.  

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/14 5:03 pm

I'll pull up a chair! Having the same damn night. Sigh..... Misery loves company!

Oh, BTW, being an old teacher with many classes under my belt, a new group of students at a new school in a new district will mean just as much to you as the one you have right now. Trust me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 461 views