Test Results-Need interpretation

stormechaser
on 4/8/14 12:12 am
DS on 06/08/17

I am in the revision process for VSG to DS. I have had several tests in the last month and I am in need of some input as to what they mean.

I had an endoscopy and the findings were:

The Z-line was regular and was found 37 cm from the incisors.
Evidence of a sleeve gastrectomy was found in the stomach. There was a
dilated fundus. Sleeve was widely patent.
Localized mild inflammation characterized by linear erosions was found
in the gastric antrum.

I do have really bad heartburn if I don't take a daily Prilosec.

I understand the term dilated fundus and what it implies-but not the widely patent comment. However, what does it mean in the long run? Sorry to ramble, but when I think about this, it seems to mean to me that severe GERD caused dilation which in turn caused my VSG to stretch and then gave me more hunger/capacity for food.

I could be completely off base, but I am curious to know what it truly means. I am not looking for a way to blame my regain-believe me, I know what I ate and how I didn't really exercise. I am just trying to figure out the jargon.

I do have a follow up on 4/21 with the surgeon-but I am an impatient person! LOL

Thanks for any imput :)

happyteacher
on 4/8/14 2:05 am

Sorry, I don't know anything about this- but just wanted to wish you well in your journey. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

LosingSarah
on 4/8/14 2:10 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Maybe post this in the revision or DS board. You'll probably get more people who can help.

Good luck with it all!

emelar
on 4/8/14 2:14 am - TX

It means it's not obstructed and food/water flows through the way its supposed to.  Sounds like you have a dilated sleeve with possible ulcers (?) or gastritis.  That's my layman's interpretation.

themexcellentone
on 4/8/14 11:16 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Patent = intact

Widely patent = intact and wide

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views