Do you have access to your medical records?

megan.sherman
on 4/23/14 12:45 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I went through the Bariatric program through the Geisinger Health System in PA.  You have access to all of your medical records online.  I was just going through them and found some untruths.  For one, it says that in the pre-op room, the surgeon came in and marked the incision sites on my abdomen.  He did no such thing.  I didn't see my surgeon before the surgery and I didn't see him after, he sent interns to follow-up.  I was reading the report from my last clinic visit and the doctor stated that my abdomen was non-tender.  He never even touched my abdomen.  It said there was no sign of hepato-something or other.  How would he know?

I know this is just trivial but I find it odd that they would put things in the record that were not true.

Nikke2003
on 4/23/14 1:59 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I use Geisinger as well and have access to the MyGeisinger system with all of my medical records. If you are concerned about it, I would definitely ask the questions. I know that I can tell you that I can't remember a damn thing about what happened in the pre-op room or in the OR right before surgery LOL

What I've learned is that you have to be your own advocate when it comes to healthcare. If you have a question or a concern - you just have to ask and/or demand something be changed!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

MAchick
on 4/23/14 3:03 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I have access to my health records and one of my letters includes similar things. Did he ask if you had any pain? Hepato- means related to your liver. Maybe hepatomegaly or fatty liver. He could have figured that out from your tests and any questions he may have asked you. If you're really concerned, you can call and ask about it.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 217 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views