went out to dinnner for the first time

Kelly Jean
on 4/28/14 1:34 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I went out to dinnner for the first time Saturday night... with My husband and one of my daughters..( the other was at a friends and 1 at work!!) its a place we have gone to for at least 15 years 1 time a week... so I walked in and they were like wow Kelly you look great!!!! ( I have not told them or that many people what I was doing!!!)  so we sit down to eat and My hubby gets a shrimp platter and my daughter orders Baked clams !!!! (YUMMY ) no I didnt have any!!! LOL But their baked clams were always the best!!!  so now its my turn to order and I freeze.... ughhhhhhh so I ordered a water no ice , and a ham and cheddar sandwich hold the bread..... LOL shes like ok no problem...

My 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of cheddar cheese come.... I ate  1 slice of cheese and half a slice of ham....

when kaitlyn ( the waitress) came back over to see if we wanted anything else she looked at my plate and said to me .... so how long ago did you have your gastric surgery... I was shocked... I froze and finally said 3 weeks ago.. annd then said how did you know.. she said well I can see all the weight you have lost and your eating very little and protien so 2 and 2 = 4... I was like ok... but dont tell anyone its private.... wow I guess its more common then I thought!!! : - )

cajunlady1958
on 4/28/14 3:38 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Some waitresses are very knowledgeable. At least she did not try and push dessert on you, lol. Keep up the good work.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Kelly Jean
on 4/28/14 6:04 am
VSG on 04/08/14

thank you very much and Yes good thing she did know i would hvae had to say no to desert!!!!  : - )

snowiekate
on 4/28/14 4:41 am - FL

Congrats on a BIG hurdle - I remember being petrified to go out the first time. But now it is just as simple as staying home. :)

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

Kelly Jean
on 4/28/14 6:05 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Thank you very much snowie!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/14 7:49 am
VSG on 03/26/14

That is just awesome!!!!! congrats 4 staying strong!!!!!!

Kelly Jean
on 4/28/14 8:12 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Thank you very much... : - )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views