Help! Need to make a decision

royaldawn
on 5/11/14 12:12 am - Canada

Hi everyone I am new around here. I am about to have my second appt with the surgeon on Tuesday. I am having a hard time deciding if I want the Sleeve or the Bypass. I would love your opinions or experience on these. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/14 12:08 pm

Hi royal dawn - I literally went through the same thing. I had my surgery 4 days ago and went with the gastric sleeve. My dr was super helpful and informative all the way up to the day before when I finally made up my mind! He said the biggest difference between the two was the acid reflux and the lack of long term data. The sleeve tends to produce more acid reflux and for those that already have it, chances are it will be worse. He also said they do not have a lot of long term data on the sleeve, however, they have enough to know that it should continue to be successful. I was worried about complications, he did tell me the sees less complications in sleeves, however the complications with sleeves are harder to fix.

i hope this helps even a little. As I said, I'm only 4 days post op but I'm certainly willing to help however I can!

pugmadkate
on 5/11/14 12:25 pm

I've not had my surgery yet but am scheduled for the sleeve surgery.  For me, it came down to wanting to make the minimum amount of change to my body.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views