Surgery in three weeks-thinking of backing out

56sunShine14
on 5/17/14 4:00 am

@lessofme - can you please tell me what insurance that is? And do you mind telling me what state you are in?  If not it is ok.  But, I am afraid that is going to happen to me and I cannot afford it to.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

lessofme123
on 5/17/14 4:23 am

Health Advantage in Arkansas

Betty Jo L.
on 5/17/14 4:39 am

I can relate to your concerns. I was schedules for RNY August 2012 and at the last second I backed out because I didn't feel mentally ready. Worst mistake of my life. I went onto do herbal magic and lost 45 lbs. that didn't last long because I wanted faster results of weight loss. The unthinkable happen I gained 60+ lbs :( and went into a depression. I was going to pay for the surgery out of pocket but after speaking to the sergeant he said let's try and apply for the surgery though Medicare again the least they could say is no. I got a second chance and they are going to approve my surgery. I spent the last two years researching and I lived on this site 23 hours a day lol. There is so many wonderful people on this site that are willing to provide support at any time. Sorry to carry on with my story. I wrote the pros and cons of this surgery and the benefits I will get from it and let me tell you the pros out weight the cons. Don't give up and give yourself the gift of a healthy new life. Do something amazing for yourself. Good luck with your decisions :)

Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
DelilahJO
on 5/17/14 5:18 am

Hi lessofme123

seeing your post has let me know I'm not alone! My surgery is this coming Wednesday !!! I have been having some of the same thoughts. My husband said babe you should be happy and excited not crying and doubting yourself. Haha i think sometimes in life you just have to take that leap! Try to remember that a lot of the things you read online are people who are at one extreme end of the spectrum or the other (extremely unhappy/happy with their decision ) and the majority of people fall in the middle of that :-) so you will be fine!! Look forward to your new life

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views