Preop liquid diet, diabetes and sick..??

sdkitty
on 5/21/14 8:41 am

Hey guys. My husband is scheduled to have the sleeve on May 27th. He's currently on day 2/7. of his liquid diet. 

During pre-op testing it was found his glucose was 250. I questioned the surgeon about this but he said it was so close to surgery and the surgery should even out his levels so my husband was not treated for the high glucose or officially diagnosed as having diabetes.

As of this 2nd day of liquids, my husband is very sick. He's been throwing up all day and he's as pale as a ghost. I'm very worried about him and tried to get him to go to urgent care, but in typical male fashion he will just 'sleep it off'. He's been sleeping for 12 hours a night since Sunday night which is very rare for him.

I am just wondering if it's safe to go from having such a high glucose level to all sugar free liquids without it being regulated? Is this what is causing him to be so sick or is likely he just coincidentally caught a virus? He's lost 12 pounds in 3 days!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/21/14 9:43 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

He should see a dr asap, his sugar is high & he is losing weight very quickly & throwing up, he might be pre-diabetic but you need to see a dr.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

gtrdyfor50
on 5/21/14 9:54 am
RNY on 10/08/13
If he will not go voluntarily to the ER, I would call 911 on him. Not something to mess with.

civilmomma
on 5/22/14 2:47 am
VSG on 03/07/14

if he won't go in, at least get to a pharmacy and buy a glucose meter - see what his glucose level is.  If it is under 80 - I would get him something with sugar/carbs in it.

He could be having lows.

He could just be sick too - but I wouldn't let another day go by without checking his levels.

My husband is Diabetic and he has run high for so long that even getting to glucose levels near 100 gives him the symptoms of low blood sugar. 

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views