Are these 'good' stats?

Kelly Jean
on 5/23/14 1:14 am
VSG on 04/08/14

SD these are normal things to worry about !!! I too was the type of person who worried alot...  I stayed in alot..... However now I feel so much better no more blood pressure meds no more sleep apenea machine and so much more energy...I want to be out so much more and I love to go for walks and to the gym and play with the kids and grandchild...... its all around better .....

as far as judging by your hubby I  would just say that remember that most of the time mens tolerance of pain is much lower...Sorry guys!!!! but its a fact!!!! so take that into consideration..... and rememeber everyone is diffrent....

I can tell you for sure that I would do it all over again in a heart beat !!!! only thing I might change is doing it earlier in life!!!!  Best of luck with your journey... if you ever need to have someone listen you can PM me also!!!!

sdkitty
on 5/23/14 1:33 am, edited 5/23/14 1:34 am

Thanks so much kellyjean. I do know that men's pain tolerances are much lower and I'm going to keep that factor in mind! Lol. He's never had a medical procedure where as I've had multiple broken bones, wrist surgery and I've had a baby as well as living with daily chronic pain. I'm way ahead of him in that aspect. :)

Jackie T.
on 5/23/14 2:44 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I disagree with an earlier post, leaks are usually based on a doctor's technique and secondly if a patient does not follow their medical rules.  In the scheme of things 3 leaks is not bad if they have done 100 surgeries which is 3%, if they have done 25 then it is 12% of their surgeries are problems.  If they have done 300 then that is 1%.  You need to know how many surgeries he has done of the particular surgery you are going to have done.  

I am sorry that you suffer from anxiety, unfortunately it might get worse as it gets closer to the surgery date but tell yourself right now why you are doing this surgery and realize that this fear might be a little irrational and make sure your loved ones are there to support you through this time and keep encouraging you to go through with it.  Yes complications can happen but they are not the norm.

Good Luck with your surgery and there is plenty of room for you on the "losers" bench!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views