My stats for the day. Input??

Twinsinsept.
on 5/24/14 10:27 am
VSG on 05/06/14

As of 7:30 pm, these are my numbers. Does this sound about right?  I still have an evening snack of another protein shake and I'm steadily drinking my water.  I haven't peed in several hours. It's so hard to get my fluids in when waiting 30 min before and after each meal to drink. That's 3 hours per day I'm not drinking, plus 8 hours when I sleep. 

56 g protein

495 calories 

44 oz liquids

Blood pressure- 92/63 

Any input/ advice??

Thanks- Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

pineview01
on 5/24/14 10:38 am - Davison, MI

Are your meals still liquid?  When banded I was told to wait 30 minutes prior to eating.  By the time I was sleeved we were told we could drink up to having a shake which added 2.5 hours to drink.  Also I kept a glass next to the bed so when I got up to use the bathroom or walk off gas I was sipping too.  Now for us we counted shakes in with the fluid.  Is the 44 oz counting shakes too?  I so you really need to work up adding fluid for sure and protein if you can.  At two weeks I did 600 calories.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Amber G.
on 5/24/14 12:17 pm
VSG on 04/02/14

It will slowly but surely get easier. I however am still having liquid issues. My problem is if I drink to much, then I wont eat. I'm trying to find that balance, and that drink I love too. I personally do not wait 30 mins prior to eating, but do wait 30 mins after. Did your NUT say to stop drinking 30 mins before? 

MissNexxie
on 5/24/14 12:17 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

I would agree with Pineview, focus on getting those liquids and protein in even if you have to pull back on solid foods do it.  My dietician told me you don't have to wait 30 mins after a protein shake to drink water.  Try milk or chicken broth and add protein to it in addition to your water and shakes.  Can't stress enough you need to get those fluids and protein up.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Twinsinsept.
on 5/24/14 4:10 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

I am on soft solids. Usually an egg with cheese for breakfast, a protein shake for a snack, cottage cheese or yogurt for lunch, protein shake for a snack and tilapia or tuna for dinner. An evenin snack of part of a protein shake.

I went back to work last week and I do think I got a bit distracted from pushing fluids. I must find a way to make that a priority. 

Thanks,

Renee

HW: 345. CW 272

themexcellentone
on 5/25/14 2:51 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Use an interval timer to help you get your fluids in.  During my first few weeks post-op, the interval timer really helped me remember to drink (and I was full liquids for 3 weeks post-op). 

You really need to focus on getting fluids in more than protein right now...dehydration is no joke!  Stay hydrated first, protein goals can be met second.  Unless you drink the RTD Isopure drinks, which is what I did post-op.  Killed two birds with one stone that way.

Good luck to you.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

katym
on 5/24/14 5:27 pm - PA

Hi Renee,

i was really glad to read about your call with your surgeon. Keep that Gatorade and a water bottle within reach 24/7 and drink like it is your new job. You can do this! Hope you are starting to feel better.

best wishes, Katy 

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

pebtash
on 5/24/14 10:58 pm
VSG on 11/25/14

I wish I could do 30 min before and after. My doctor want 30 min. before and 1 hour after. The 30 min. before is easy for me it's the 1 hour after that gets me. And I haven't even had the surgery yet. I think they just want me to get used to the routine. Any way good luck.

Most Active