Tell me again this is a good idea.

lessofme123
on 5/24/14 10:32 pm

Thank you, thank you. I guess the liquid diet and nerves were starting to get to me. It is comforting to hear from people that were my size and are happy they went through with it. I've never thought of myself as a "lightweight" but on here I am. I am so short though that my bmi is high. I have never been successful with weight loss before, so it is time to try something new. Here I go!

Tina O
on 5/24/14 10:43 pm - ME
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm 2 weeks post op and can honestly say this is the best choice I made. I haven't had any regrets and I'm confident you will be the same. You will do great!

HW: 414 ... CW: 260 ... GOAL: 147

White Dove
on 5/25/14 12:05 am - Warren, OH

"They say that" three out of a hundred people can lose more than 50 pounds without surgery and keep it off.  I have never personally known anyone who lost more than 50 pounds and did not gain it back with five years.  I know many people who had surgery and keep their weight off.

It is the only thing that has a chance at being successful in the long run.  And being successful with weight loss surgery still means hard work afterwards.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Poohkieboo
on 5/25/14 12:25 am

I'm at the same point you are!! I've completed my psych eval, NUT class, seminars, and I've hit my pre- op goal weight. I just keep putting off making the call to set a surgery date. Things keep coming up, like needing to move before August, a family camping trip in July, and don't forget about the holidays.... I just keep pushing the date back farther and farther. I think its just fear that keeps me from making the call.

Kfromak
on 5/25/14 12:27 am

Just want to say I am really appreciating all the supportive posts on this thread. Lessofme123, you're not alone in these feelings. I am experiencing the exact same thoughts less than two weeks out. It is a huge step. In 2011, I lost 96 pounds on diet and excersize alone only to gain almost all of it back in the last year. That's when I realized I was back at the bottom of a hole feeling isolated and hopeless until I heard of vsg. Every time I think I might change my mind, I think back to how good it felt to wear smaller jeans, bike with my kids without the seat disappearing in my excessively large behind, and riding a roller coaster without being nervous it wouldn't latch (or worse, hold my weight) and flying on a jet and being able to buckle my belt with slack. 

You've got this! A year from now, or even 6 months, we will look back and be SO proud of ourselves for making this move and following through. 

Nw37203
on 5/25/14 12:48 am

Thank you for posting and thanks to those that responded! I have surgery 6/16 and keep worrying whether it is the right decision. My surgeon and PCP assure me it is the only way to keep it off, but I still worry. I appreciate knowing these are normal fears!

Ribigman
on 5/25/14 1:40 am
VSG on 04/10/14

6 weeks post op. Rode 30 miles on my bicycle yesterday and using my camelback consumed near 24 oz's of water during the ride. I usually pack half a banana or a container of squeeze fruit for the ride to bump my carbs a little so I don't get dizzy, pre-op I was also worried about distance bike rides post op, don't sweat it, it is totally do able. As far as crap food, cookies cake etc, I haven't had any cravings for that, as a matter of fact I haven't been hungry since surgery. Occasionally I get head hunger/cravings but it is usually for some sort of protein, I think our bodies tell us what we need if we listen. Lol good luck! VSG has been one of the best health related depictions I have ever made!

lessofme123
on 5/25/14 2:32 am

That is SOOO good to know!  Thanks.  It really has been a big concern of mine since I plan to get back into doing long distance rides.  Maybe after I lose this weight I won't always be the last one that the rest of the group has to wait up for, especially on the hills.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do distance rides without bonking or getting dehydrated.  That is very encouraging!

Tony K.
on 5/25/14 2:18 am - WA
RNY on 06/24/14

My surgery is 4 weeks away.  I feel exactly the same..  Hang in there, you aren't alone

Kelly Jean
on 5/25/14 2:50 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I can tell you for sure with No doubt about it !!! this was the best choice I have ever made!!!! 50lbs down in 7 weeks no more bp med No more sleep apnea machine !! almost 3 pants sizes down .... I can now run after my kids and grandchild I feel alive!!!! I Love my sleeve!!! ... I dont crindge when I go past a mirror and I dont totaly hate pics of me like I use to ... so now it looks like im at family funtctions and bbqs and vacations and special moment ... cause now Im in those pics!!!!!

I dont know about you but I look back in photo albums and I wonder if I was even there because I refused pic!!!! now IM THERE!!!! so Im making memories also!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views