Scared of hair loss

miss_muffet
on 5/25/14 8:06 am, edited 5/25/14 8:07 am - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

Biotin will help with the regrowth but by all accounts (and per my nut and surgeon) it won't keep you from losing hair. If you are going to have hair loss, it will happen and then it will grow back. 

My hair loss started at three months out and now at five months, the loss has slowed down. I don't have bald spots or anything noticeable to anyone else. 

Your post-op focus is on nutrition, supplements and following your doctor's plan. Focus on what you can control, not what you can't. 

Best wishes.

Edited for typo

H 5' 4" | A 49+ | HW 250 | SW 226 | CW 171

Goal 140 / Fantasy Goal 128

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/14 12:33 pm
with

Well the Biotin not helping you keep it 's a bummer! But excellent advice about the control. Got to "Let it Go" (as my daughter was singing all day long).

stoutts
on 5/25/14 8:37 am

def started loosing about 4 months-not too bad. Little thinned out but still plenty. I opted for a preemptive strike and went pixie! Everyone loves it.
Plus side-easy to take care of.

pineview01
on 5/25/14 8:41 am - Davison, MI

You have to get the idea out of your head that you need to bing as you won't eat them after,  YOU WILL!  It is very important to get your protein in pre-post surgery.  You need this to heal.  There is no getting around the lose it is from anesthesia and stress to your body from surgery itself.  Than rapid weight loss after surgery adds to the stress.

I took/take biotin along with my other B's.  I had my band removed and 3 months later started the hair lose (with a weight gain).  Than I had the sleeve 4.5 months later and 3 months after that more hair loss.  I was seeing great regrowth at a year out and had plastic surgery there went the hair again.  I went from having way thick hair to less than normal since 2012.  But, I wouldn't trade my thinner hair for the thinner me.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

NurseJackie
on 5/26/14 1:33 am
VSG on 07/10/14

VERY WELL SAID!

mauigirl2
on 5/26/14 3:43 pm - kihei, HI

Like button!

NurseJackie
on 5/26/14 1:35 am
VSG on 07/10/14

Thank you for everyone's advice and words of wisdom.  I am so very excited about this jounry, but scared out of my mind at the same time.  I am worrying about the little things and not focusing on the big picture!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views