Surgery June 10th

Melinda_1972
on 5/28/14 2:42 am - Canada

Hello everyone. I just want to introduce myself. My name is Melinda and I'm 41 and have been over weight for 21 years, before that I was a competitive athlete. My highest weight was 320lbs and then on my own I went down to 220 lbs. Then I met my husband and gained 69 lbs back. I am totally not blaming him, it's all me. I wanted to cook for him and wanted to spend time with him and next thing you know I stopped exercising, went back to my old eating habits and had 2 kids. My husband on the other hand is stick thin, lol. So with a lot of thinking and knowing I had the money to do it I booked surgery. I am a ball of emotions and feel guilty for spending the money on me but I have to get past that and realize that losing the weight and getting healthier will give me many more years with my children and husband. My husband is 100% behind me and it means so much....he's a keeper! I told my eldest daugther who is 13 next month about my surgery and she asked why I was doing this and I told her there are many reasons why but one of them is so I can be with her and her brother and sister for a very long time and she said Thank You. I almost cried my eyes out when she said that. My other two little ones who are 3 and 1, don't know as they would not understand till later on in life. I am going to Mexico with my husband June 9th and surgery June 10th. This will be quite the journey with many ups and downs and hopefully more ups then down. I hope to learn a lot and get healthier daily. My girlfriend since I was 12 is getting the surgery the following month and I am happy for her and happy we can be each other's support system. Now that you know my life story LOL. I hope to get to know some of you support and root you on and share tips and tricks.

Melinda

MayPenGirl
on 5/28/14 4:11 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Hello Melinda.  Welcome to OH.  Congrats on getting a date.  You are making the right decision to get healthier for you and your family. 

Don't feel guilty about spending the money on you.  Women are caretakers so we always feel like we should put everyone in front of us and if we put ourselves first that we are being selfish.  That is so not true. 

You will get a lot of support on this website.  The people here are awesome!! 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Gwen M.
on 5/28/14 4:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14
On May 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM Pacific Time, Melinda_1972 wrote:

Hello everyone. I just want to introduce myself. My name is Melinda and I'm 41 and have been over weight for 21 years, before that I was a competitive athlete. My highest weight was 320lbs and then on my own I went down to 220 lbs. Then I met my husband and gained 69 lbs back. I am totally not blaming him, it's all me. I wanted to cook for him and wanted to spend time with him and next thing you know I stopped exercising, went back to my old eating habits and had 2 kids. My husband on the other hand is stick thin, lol. So with a lot of thinking and knowing I had the money to do it I booked surgery. I am a ball of emotions and feel guilty for spending the money on me but I have to get past that and realize that losing the weight and getting healthier will give me many more years with my children and husband. My husband is 100% behind me and it means so much....he's a keeper! I told my eldest daugther who is 13 next month about my surgery and she asked why I was doing this and I told her there are many reasons why but one of them is so I can be with her and her brother and sister for a very long time and she said Thank You. I almost cried my eyes out when she said that. My other two little ones who are 3 and 1, don't know as they would not understand till later on in life. I am going to Mexico with my husband June 9th and surgery June 10th. This will be quite the journey with many ups and downs and hopefully more ups then down. I hope to learn a lot and get healthier daily. My girlfriend since I was 12 is getting the surgery the following month and I am happy for her and happy we can be each other's support system. Now that you know my life story LOL. I hope to get to know some of you support and root you on and share tips and tricks.

Melinda

Welcome to the community!  It sounds like you've got a really great support network and that will benefit you so very much through this process!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

sdkitty
on 5/28/14 12:59 pm

My surgery is the same day as yours. Good luck. :)

pineview01
on 5/28/14 1:16 pm - Davison, MI

Welcome and congratulations on getting a great tool to help you get healthy.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Dreamingofbeaches
on 5/28/14 1:38 pm
with

Welcome and congratulations on a great decision for your whole family!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

trinoc
on 5/28/14 1:56 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Welcome to the group!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

KAYKAY2
on 5/29/14 7:23 am

HEY MELINDA WELCOME TO THE GROUP. GLAD FOR YOU GETTING YOUR SURGERY. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 236 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views