Update & Slow Wt. Loss Perspective

Loser2014
on 5/29/14 2:26 am

I got sleeved on May 9th.  So far, I have lost 7 pounds post op.  Can't say it's not been stressful.  But, more on that later.  First an update on how I am doing:

• Incisions healed! Pain is minimal!
  • Able to get in most of my fluids and more than 80 gm of protein most days.
  • Some fatigue and weakness is still there but getting better each day.
  • Nerve damage to left arm due to a bad IV is healed almost 80%.
  • Starting to move more and feel positive most days.
  • NO REGRETS!

Now onto my slow weight loss:

I visited my doctor 2 days ago and asked his PA about losing only 7 pounds so far.  Her words? "WOW, you lost 7 pounds!".  That does put things in perspective.  

I feel that reading all the posts about quick wt. loss set some unrealistic expectations for me earlier.  

I forgot that all bodies are different!  I have always been a slow loser.  But I have never been able to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks.  THAT MAKES IT 28 POUNDS LOSS SINCE I STARTED MY PRE-OP DIET!  What more can I ask for?

I also remember feeling proud if I ever lost 2 pounds in a week in my previous life before the surgery, so, why be negative about it now?  7 pounds is 7 pounds!  It's 28 sticks of butter!  It's one whole infant!  

And what else was I ignoring in all of this?  My clothes are getting loser.  This past weekend, I had to sit on floor for an event and was able to squat for 40 minutes before I had to change my position.  In the past, I could not squat for more than 5 mins!   Oh, and one more thing.  I can cross my legs now!

I had about 100 lbs to lose when I started this journey.  I am more that 1/4th of the way there!  

I am sure I will still be complaining about slow weight loss sometime in the future again but right now, it feels good to put things in a positive light.

I will continue to follow the plan.  As long as weight is headed in the right direction, I am going to try not to worry about it too much!

Hope everyone is doing well!  Try to look at the positive! Think good thoughts!

Tracy D.
on 5/29/14 2:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I appreciate your positive outlook on everything and I'm glad to hear you're doing so well!   And that whole "28 sticks of butter" thing really does put things in perspective, doesn't it?  

Keep up the great work!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 5/29/14 3:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You're losing 3 pounds a week so far, and that's awesome!  You'll reach your goal in no time if that rate stays nice and steady :)  And you've made great other improvements in your life and that's just fantastic.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views