pre-op testing

lessofme123
on 6/2/14 7:15 am

I had to go for a pre-op testing appointment today since my surgery is Wednesday.  I was nervous and not sure what they were going to do. It was just an ekg and they took a blood sample.

I was self conscious going in. I was afraid someone would ask me why I was having this surgery and try to talk me out of it or something.  That was silly of me! Anyway, the lady checking me in was pretty small but she wanted to know all about my pre-op diet and even asked if she could make a copy of it because she wanted to lose some weight before going to a reunion next month. She joked with me and said I would be sexy after this. It made me feel better. I'm excited today. I alternated between excited and scared. Just a day and a half to go. I meet with the nutritionist and the surgeon tomorrow. 

Journey2014
on 6/2/14 8:34 am

Surgery is right around the corner!!! So exciting! All of the hard work you have done is about to really pay off. I am so excited for you. You have come so far and just think how far you will go with this new tool!!

~Rock bottom has become a solid foundation on which I will rebuild my life~

pineview01
on 6/2/14 2:49 pm - Davison, MI

Yep the pre-op testing was easy.  We had to be weighed (always) BP, blood work, ekg if we didn't have on in the last 6 months and a chest X-ray.  Good luck with your surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views