Stomach Pain almost 4 weeks post-op...Could it be because of constipation?

Loser2014
on 6/3/14 5:24 am

I am 3 and a half weeks out and was doing fine with pain.  Last week I started experiencing sharp pain in the general area of my left big incision. The pain is more if I bend at that spot. I can no longer sleep on the left side. No trouble with meeting any nutrition goals. i am in the pureed food stage. 

I called the surgeon's office. He wants me to monitor a couple of more days and come in for scans if it gets worse. I have no other symptoms. 

So, I am wondering if this could be due to constipation. I have a small BM every 2-3 days. 

Anyone else experience this? Can I use Metamucil?  Thanks!

Menchi
on 6/3/14 9:03 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I had a little pain in my large incision for a while after surgery.  It was strange because it was inside my stomach.  I also had constipation but I don't think it was related.  However you might consider taking something that will clean out your system to be safe.  I did Phillips milk of mag, the bottle said genital... don't make plans for 24 hours.  Nothing genital about it but it did completely clean me out so you could rule it out as a cause if you are concerned. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/4/14 2:33 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'd definitely keep an eye on it, no idea if it might be constipation-related.

That being said, you should be having a BM at least once a day. I had trouble with that at the 2 month mark, so I had to start taking 2 colace per day, and now that I'm further out I run into trouble if I don't take at least a fiber pill every night. Upping your fluids couldn't hurt, too.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views