I need advice ...As much as possible please!!!!!

Kelly Jean
on 6/4/14 4:43 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Ok so I had my appt. With my wonderful surgeon today.. ( I really do love him he is the best).

We went over a ton of things ... One thing was GOALS!!!  

He is completely thrilled with my weight loss and everything else... I'm down 53 lbs in 2 months.. 

my goal to be exact ...  so when he asked me what my goal weight was I told him 135lbs.  He then told me that was way to thin and unhealthy for me ... and that I needed to change that he feels a good weight for my body is 160lbs... that sounds big for me still... he believes that at 160 lbs .. I'll be a size 6 to 8.. I'm ok with that but  idk..160 he believes I should make 160 lbs my goal and see when I get there if o need more...

Ok so I'm 5 ft 6 inches ..please tell me what you think help me out... 

Please any and all advice would be great thanks all!!! 

♡Kelly

Jaime P.
on 6/4/14 4:54 am
VSG on 07/22/14

If you want to go by the bmi charts, 135 is mid to low level normal for your height. 160 is a tiny bit overweight. I would say based on your shape maybe somewhere in the middle and see how you look. You can always adjust later. 

I know for me that low or middle end bmi normal weight would not be ok on me. I'm top heavy even when I'm small so these things will carry a good 10 - 15 lbs on their own! Lol. Plus I am actually bigger boned. I'm only 5'2' and think I would be good around maybe 140. Guess we'll see! 

Instagram

32 y/o female 5'2"; HW 260; GW 140; SW 245.8; CW 233; BMI 43.6

Kelly Jean
on 6/4/14 5:19 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I'm a bit larger on top also I'm a 38 DD well now more like a good c+ lol so maybe 135 at 5 ft 6 might be a bit to sm. Your 5 ft and going for 140 grrrrr idk...

Thank you so much for the ideas

ScramblesMcGee
on 6/4/14 5:18 am

Wrap your thumb and index finger around your wrist. If your finger overlap, you are small boned. If your fingers meet, you are medium boned. If there's a gap between the fingers, you have large bones. You can use this to determine a rough estimate on goal weight on those crazy insurance weight charts. They aren't super and tend to run on the low side. I wouldn't go with BMI that much either-especially if you are muscular. I don't know how old you are but it's safer to assume that you wont weigh what you did in high school. When you get to 160 you can say "goal accomplished" and if you are not comfortably healthy you can reset the goal. I would say that muscle weighs more than fat so if you are healthy and strong and like how you feel and look, it's a better determinant than a scale number.  When you are closer to 160 get a 2nd opinion from a nutritionist or licensed exercise science professional.  Congrats on your loss and wishing you great health.

Kelly Jean
on 6/4/14 5:24 am, edited 6/4/14 6:10 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Thank you so much I've never heard that measuring idea ...so I'm medium boned ... I'm also 46 and I am muscular ...yes even at 46...  so again wow maybe 135 is to small...  Thank you :-)

Jennsumner722
on 6/4/14 5:29 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Congrats on the weight loss so far!  Why not trying for 150-155 that way your not too far off from where your doctor wants you but not underweight. 

Kelly Jean
on 6/4/14 5:32 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Would you mind if I asked you Jenn how tall you are because we both have the same goal set...and did you set your or your dr..

Jennsumner722
on 6/4/14 5:37 am, edited 6/4/14 5:40 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

I am only 5'2......I set that goal,  I need to ask the doctor where he would like me to stop at. I don't go to him again until September but I will give him a call. I really wanted 145-150 but I wasn't sure he would be satisfied with that weight. 

Jennsumner722
on 6/4/14 5:40 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with
Kate -True Brit
on 6/4/14 5:37 am - UK

I'm 5' 4", medium build. My goal, chosen for no real reason was 150. I got there quite easily and happily kept going. At just under 140, I felt fabulous, wearing US size 8s. Family and friends told I had lost too much but I knew they were wrong - I looked great. 

But DH took a video of me in the pool with my grandson, and I quite genuinely took a minute to realise it was me!  There was this little old lady jumping about in the water!  I looked good standing totally still in front of my mirror with a slight smile on my face.  But that was it! The rest of the time I looked gaunt and ill. 

I am older than you, of course. At the time I describe I was 57. I could truly have been taken for someone 10 years older, or someone who was seriously ill.

it turns out my face looks good at around 150-155 lbs. less than that is simply not a good look for me! And my body really isn't  all that different at 140 and 150. Fitness seems exactly the same at both weights.

So I would say, aim for a normal BMI. Go a bit under that. Then get someone to film you!!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views