Some unexpected NSV's

feels_so_good
on 6/5/14 10:42 am
VSG on 05/20/14

I just ate an egg and my sleeve liked it  (soft scramble w/ a tbl of skim milk, tsp of cheese, over 20 min) and it tasted sooooooo good.

Had to adjust my steering wheel, it was at it's highest setting so my thighs and belly sorta fit, today it was awkwardly far away, so I lowered it a notch and it still didn't rub/touch my tummy. 

My tennis shoes tie normally. Same sneakers used to go untied or were tied into a knot - not enough lace to make even a tiny bow, now I have a 2" bow and 2" tail.

I enjoy grocery shopping again - walking the isles looking for inspiration, reading labels, not tired and sweating and sore. (can't buy much of anything but got some condiments to start mixing w/ purees (and stuff for egg faces ricotta bake)

One note of concern, my sleeve has not acted up at all, no tightness, no foamies, no vomit. I was drinking 120+ oz starting day 3, no issues with protein mixed with milk, SF jello, greek yogurt (up to a container w/ a scoop of protein), creamed soups (3-4 oz volume). Not looking to do something crazy and damage my precious sleeve like my nurse said a guy did w/ a 6" subway, but curious when I will be able to feel hunger or full, or anything. 

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

anninva
on 6/5/14 11:34 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Congrats on all those fab NSVs!!!  My fave is still fitting into the seats at movie theaters -- Indian style!

You'll feel the restriction a lot more when you're eating denser food. Squishy stuff just doesn't make as much of an impression. And chances are you'll feel full before you get too far!

Doing great!!!  Hang in there!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tracy D.
on 6/6/14 1:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The nerves to your stomach were severed and it will take awhile for them to come back to life.  In the meantime, it's very, VERY important that you weigh and measure everything and don't eat as much as you "think" you can just because it doesn't make you feel "full".  You won't feel full or much pressure until you start denser proteins.  And you may not have any true hunger for a long time.  

In the meantime, be careful!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

cappy11448
on 6/6/14 1:38 am

Isn't it wonderful!  I can relate to all these NSV's.  Congratulations on all the changes you are making. 

You may not feel full until you start eating dense proteins.  My tummy was so swollen after the surgery that I felt full from the start, and I had to work to get even 40 ounces of water per day.  But the full feeling will come when you eat dense proteins because they cause the pyloric valve at the base of the stomach to close, and that limits how much you can eat.  Its important to eat dense protein first to get the valve closed and avoid liquids before, during and after meals.  If you do this, you can maximize the restriction and weight loss.

best wishes

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Kelly Jean
on 6/6/14 2:28 am
VSG on 04/08/14

As said above you wont feel hungry or full for some time.... Im 2 months out and I still dont feel it!!! I know when Ive over done it!!! ughhhh    your so correct it is very very precious so make sure you dont over feed your sleeve... actually Like Frisco say "UNDER FEED YOUR SLEEVE"!! 

Congrats on all your NSVs its so awesome when they happen and you will have so many to come!!!!

Kelly

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views