2 weeks out and so tired

Sandra J.
on 6/20/14 7:13 am
VSG on 06/05/14

I had my sleeve done 6/5 and felt great last week. This week is a whole different story. Every afternoon I have to take a nap because I'm so exhausted. I talked to the nutritionist and she stressed the importance of hitting my protein goal. I have worked really hard to do that, but it's not making a big difference. I'm taking my vitamins too. I'm supposed to start back to work on Monday and now I'm not sure how that will go over. Has this happened to others? Are there any special questions I should ask the doctor at my follow-up visit on Monday? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Sandra

Sandra Johnson

Sleeved on 6/5/14

gmantek
on 6/20/14 7:29 am

Don't worry- this is normal! Drink lots of water, then drink more! I felt like this a good 4 weeks, then I turned a corner. Hang in there!

Sandra J.
on 6/20/14 7:45 am
VSG on 06/05/14

Thanks!!

Teresa G.
on 6/21/14 2:48 am
VSG on 06/03/14

I had my surgery on June 3rd.  I am just 2 days ahead of you and I too feel tired all the time.  I do get my protein in, but I am still tired.  I have learned if I'm not somewhere that I can take a nap, and I just push myself to go on, I do make it, but I sleep hard that night.  We can do this.  I know it will get easier as time goes on.  Good Luck!!!

Teresa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views