Food, Fun & Celebration

Loser2014
on 6/23/14 5:11 am

Hello friends!

It's my Birthday today!  I am 42 today and haven't felt this healthy since I was 20.  :D 

As of this morning, my wt. is 220.6 pounds, down from my HW of 265! 

So, I want to share my thoughts/experiences about the topic of food and fun based on this weekend and plans for today:

Social event # 1:

This past weekend we had some friends over for an overnight stay.  I had a full house with 7 adults and 5 kids.  Spent almost all day Saturday cooking.  First of all, 6 weeks out of surgery, it is pretty darn amazing that I cooked up a storm and did not feel any pain!  

I did not taste the food I was cooking, no licks, no tastes!  My hubby was glad to help with that part .  ;) 

When everyone was enjoying the appetizers, I was sipping my isopure and had a have an Avocado. 

While playing cards with friends for fun, I had 3 Organic Strawberries and continued to drink water.

At night for a late dinner, I had a spoon of some of the veggies I had made only because I had already fulfilled my protein requirements for the day.  No dessert for me!   Sunday morning, made breakfast for everyone while enjoying my protein shake and had a Faye non-fat yogurt while everyone was having breakfast.  But I had a blast with my friends!  Playing cards, watching movies, staying up to chat. 

Social event # 2:

Sunday evening, BBQ at my brother's house for my Birthday.  I had a drumstick, .5 oz pork loin, one disc of grilled yellow squash and 3-4 Edamame beans.  My niece made a cake for me and I had a very small bite to make her happy.  :)

Main event: My Birthday today:

My wonderful hubby and lovely daughters decided that we should go to Dave and Busters tonight.  A little bit of food and a lot of fun!

I did not feel deprived or depressed.  I guess working with a psychologist about meaning of food in my life is helping Moral of the weekend?  FOOD DOES NOT EQUAL FUN!

Did I mention that no one outside of my hubby and kids know of my surgery?  People think and see what they want to see.  They see me losing weight.  They can think whatever they want.  I do not owe them any answers.  But they did notice how I eat and commented, "No wonder you are losing weight.  You eat like a mouse.  Good for you!" 

One last thing, my Birthday gift for myself: Starting to work with a personal trainer from tomorrow, twice a week!  YAY!

Life is good!   Can't wait for the Onederland!

Take Care all!

gmantek
on 6/23/14 5:16 am

Happy Birthday!  I just celebrated 42 on Friday.  I can totally relate to your post.  I'm very happy for you and hope 43 is even greater!

Loser2014
on 6/23/14 5:20 am

Belated Happy Birthday to you too!

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/14 5:25 am - Canada

Happy Birthday!  What wonderful ways you are being good to yourself.  It's going to be a great year!

Tracy D.
on 6/23/14 5:49 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Happy birthday - sounds like it's going to be the best year EVER!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 6/23/14 6:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's great that things are going so well for you!  It can be so hard to separate food from fun since so many social things seem to revolve around eating!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

KRISTIN M.
on 6/23/14 9:19 am

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your good food choices

HW  259. Sw 230.  Cw 188  TL 71 M1(-15) M2(-10)M3(-6)M4(-6)M5(-5)

hollyhoosier
on 6/23/14 2:14 pm

Happy Birthday and way to go! :) Thanks for sharing.

Sleeve Gastrectomy 6-4-14

HW: 302 ; SW: 288

jessica1371
on 6/24/14 4:33 pm - Elgin, IL
VSG on 08/29/14

Well Happy Birthday! Good for you on your success!!

I too am not telling everyone outside of my hubby and sons. I know of someone in the family that had WLS, and everyone always watches to see what and how much they are eating. I need to live my life and not let it be ruled by food. 

Congrats again!

STATS: 5'7" HW: 424 (Jan 2014)   SW: 391 (Aug 2014)  CW: 323 (Jan 2015)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views