Showering after surgery?

DSJSMOM23
on 6/28/14 11:14 am
VSG on 06/24/14

I'm 4 days out, and I REALLY want to shower. My surgeon said I could shower 2 days after my drain came out. It's been pretty much 48 hours to the minute now LOL

My incisions don't hurt, but I have 5 white bandaid pads on my tummy. Do I remove them? Do I just shower with them on?

Any advice? I wish I could somehow cover them all with something waterproof, but what?

Kelly Jean
on 6/28/14 11:26 am
VSG on 04/08/14

The hospital gave me clear water proof bandages that went over them it was awesome... I beat you can buy them at a drug store???  Good luck I Totaly understand how you feel I couldn't wait to get in the shower!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

LakeErieGirl
on 6/28/14 1:13 pm
VSG on 06/17/14

I would call before I did anything, but that is just me! I can't believe the nurses didn't go over what to do in your discharge papers about your bandaid pads. Did you look back on your paperwork, just to be sure?

For instance, I had a drain, but it was removed in the hospital right before I came home. I couldn't shower while I was there. It was awful! I couldn't wait to get home and I went straight to the shower. I didn't have anything on my incision sites I had/ have glue. The glue comes off over the two weeks. I was instructed to NOT pick it or rub it. Just wa**** daily gently with soap. I still have some on two of my large sites. My other sites or completely healed. You can't even see them!!

I am surprised they didn't give you any supplies if they wanted you to keep it covered afterwards too. I even got a bandages and spray for my drain site in case it leaked. I think I would for sure call just to be clear. You don't want infection!

5'6" 44 yrs old Heighest Weight Ever - 295 (Pregnancy)

SW-270 lbs Pre-Op -242 lbs CW -224 lbs Goal Weight- 147lbs

DiaMon
on 6/28/14 1:49 pm
VSG on 03/12/14

I had bandages on, and I was cleared to shower the morning after surgery (my surgery was at night). No biggy, except for being a little dizzy, but I sat down for my shower. No scrubbing the area just a gentle wash letting the water run. After the shower was done I removed the bandages, the nurse brought new ones and I replaced them.

Surgery Date: 3•12•14 HW:264 SW:240 // GOAL WEIGHT 160 lbs REACHED on 08/24/14 REVISED GOAL: 140 

REVISED GOAL REACHED: 01/12/2015 CURRENT WEIGHT: 135 (=

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views