Hit triple digits today! "Thank you, Lord"

keylady42
on 7/2/14 7:47 am

I am 4 1/2 month post-surgery and today when I weighed, I had hit the 100 pounds mark.  Wow!  What an experience.  With ALOT of help from God, my family and my friends; I am taking my "journey" one step at a time.  I still have a way to go and a lifetime of bad habits to overcome, but I do take each day one at a time; and I want to be an encourager for anyone that is starting this process.  I am not where I need to be, but "praise God" I am going in the right direction. 

Oh, yes, by the way. . .does anyone out here eat the Quest Protein Bars?  Are they alright to have at this point past my surgery?  Thank you for your advice.

Dawn ..
on 7/2/14 10:07 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

That is REMARKABKE! What an accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Amber G.
on 7/2/14 10:15 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Big congrats on an amazing loss! God is so good  I don't eat protein pars very often at all, because of the high cals and carbs. If I do, I eat Power Crunch bars original. They come in a few different flavors. The one I like best is peanut butter. Here are the stats> cals:200 carbs:10 grams sugar: 5 grams. I have only eaten half at a sitting so far. They are the lowest carb wise, that I have found. 

keylady42
on 7/2/14 11:39 pm

During my pre-surgery counseling sessions, they recommended Quest Bars.  They have 160 calories, 6 grams of fat (0 Trans Fat), 1 gram of sugar and 25 grams of Carbs.  Each bar has 20 grams of protein.  Is that too high on carbs?  They are really good bars and come in many flavors - latest in Cookies and Cream.  But I do not want to get started eating them if they are not good for me.  Any suggestions?

Kelly Jean
on 7/2/14 11:32 am
VSG on 04/08/14

100 lbs in 4 1/2 months the remarkable ... your doing amazing congratulations! !!! :-) 

♡ Kelly

AngloAm
on 7/3/14 12:51 am
On July 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, keylady42 wrote:

I am 4 1/2 month post-surgery and today when I weighed, I had hit the 100 pounds mark.  Wow!  What an experience.  With ALOT of help from God, my family and my friends; I am taking my "journey" one step at a time.  I still have a way to go and a lifetime of bad habits to overcome, but I do take each day one at a time; and I want to be an encourager for anyone that is starting this process.  I am not where I need to be, but "praise God" I am going in the right direction. 

Oh, yes, by the way. . .does anyone out here eat the Quest Protein Bars?  Are they alright to have at this point past my surgery?  Thank you for your advice.

Putting in the work and reaping the rewards - you go! :)

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

esther
on 7/3/14 6:56 am - vallejo, CA

Congratulations on the weight loss.  A 100 pounds lost is awesome.  I use to eat the Quest bars myself but found that they were too good.  I wanted to eat them all day long and they made it way too easy to overeat calories.  I stalled for awhile when I was eating them then started to lose well again when I stopped.  If you do eat them and find that you are not losing as fast that may be the reason.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 312 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views