Hiding the scale!

Loser2014
on 7/21/14 7:56 am

So, after weeks of slow wt. loss followed by a stall when I started weight training, I asked my daughter to hide my scale and not return it even if I beg for it!  I tested her this weekend and she did not give in!  She will give it back in at least 2 weeks but I think I might not take it back.  I would love to see a big loss for once even if it takes a few weeks of not checking!  Can I find it if I try to look for it?  Sure.  It's my house and I know every inch of it but who will I be hurting? 

Clothes are fitting loser.  I feel so much energy, more than I have felt in years!  Why worry about the number on the scale? 

This too "stall" pass!  lol. 

noedangling
on 7/21/14 8:44 am

My coach/trainer said that until I can view the number on the scale as simply "information" then I should stay away from it and instead gauge my weight loss by the way my clothes fit and the way I feel. For the first few months after surgery I only weighed monthly. Now, I purchased a scale to go with my Fitbit and I weigh more regularly mostly because I'm curious about how I loose weight and what happens to my body at different times of the month. You're doing the right thing by hiding the scale. Remember, it's just information. Good luck to you!

MercyQ
on 7/21/14 12:33 pm - FL

I know there are lots of opinions out there. The scale was my "frenemy" LOL!

I stayed very in tune with it. I'ts not a sin. I wanted to REALLY stay connected. 

I used the information, good or bad to my advantage. It was when I ignored the scale, that my weight kept climbing and it took me to where I ended up. I never turned away from the scale again. But that was me.

MercyQ. This is the Beginning of the Rest of my Life!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views