APP Advice

FemFatale
on 8/5/14 7:17 am

I am fairly new on the boards but have seen people mention my fitness pal. It is really awesome. The datebase of foods helps you easily keep track of things like calories. I actually don't count calories...I count my protein. Which leads me to the reason I started a new topic.

Does anyone know of a good protein counting app for Google play/Android OS phones?

And for those that are gym-a-phobes or can't travel to gym, my NUT advised me of the Nike Training Camp app. It is AWESOME. You have so many options and since I am intimidated by some of the machines at the gym, this app comes complete with videos of how its done. You can add your own music playlist to it and there is a virtual trainer that prompts you during the work out. Its versatile and fun! Noom is also a great app to use if journaling your food. Its so much easier for me to dictate in the meals I've had. I noticed when physically writing in a planner, I had tendency to skip days or forget to add my daily liquid intake.

bigolalaskan
on 8/5/14 7:42 am - Spring Creek, NV

Greetings.  I have used several throughout the years and found these as the best

• Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal - Free with website sync (also free registration)
  • Calorie Counter and Diet Counter - Sparkpeople.  Think it was $7.99.  Syncs with website, free registration.

I found SparkPeople had the best database, but that was a couple years ago.  thanks for reminding me of these as i need to get back to logging again.

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

wyo_sarah
on 8/5/14 7:49 am

I can look at my protein total on My Fitness Pal.  I check it regularly.  I don't even look at the calories.  But, I don't think it tells me how much protein is in it BEFORE I eat, but rather after.

pharmagirl_45
on 8/5/14 10:22 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

You can check the protein on My Fitness Pal.  You can also see what the protein is for each entry before you eat it.  Once you select the food, click on nutrition in the box and it will tell you.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views