Will this FUPA ever go away?!

somethingwitty372
on 8/13/14 3:53 am

Ok, so I'll start with the standard disclaimer: This is a post about an *intimate* body part. If you're shy or easily offended, look away!

Anyhow, I'm 3 months out, 46lbs down since surgery, 86 overall, looking good and feeling great. I have about 30-40lbs more to go. I don't have the problem some folks have with not being able to see my body changing or shrinking, I totally see it and I'm loving every minute of it. So far the loose skin is there, but not horrible, and I'm losing evenly across my entire body....all except for one place. MY FAT FUPA! And no, I AM NOT talking about the 'lower belly area', I'm referring to my mons pubis, the mound of fat above my vagina. As I gained weight, it did too, and I assumed this happened to all woman. I realize now this isn't the case. I've seen numerous before and after weight loss pics and I rarely see women with this issue, usually I see a hanging belly of sorts and a normal pubic area underneath. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy I never had to deal with a hanging belly, but the hoo-ha roll has got to go. I'll admit, it IS getting smaller, but not nearly as quickly as the rest of me. Plus, just like the rest of my body, it has a few stretch marks, so the little bit of volume I've lost in that area has caused it to sag to the point where I'm afraid if I do lose the rest of the excess fat there, I'll have this sad pale sack of skin hanging over my lady bits like some sort of fleshy modesty curtain. Not cute. Can any ladies out there share their experience with this part of the body? Does it go away, does it get better, is there any hope for me?

VSG w/Dr. John J Kelly @ UMASS memorial on 5/14/14 HW 271.6 SW 231.6 M1-21.6, M2-13.2, M3-11.8, M4-12.8, M5-9.4

Nikke2003
on 8/13/14 3:59 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I have this exact problem and no, hasn't gone away and will not without surgical intervention. I'm planning on plastics in 6 weeks and am hoping it is resolved by the lower body lift!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

somethingwitty372
on 8/13/14 4:06 am

Gah! So exciting for you to be close to plastics! Honestly, I'm frustrated bc i think if it weren't for this one problem area, I wouldn't even want/consider a TT! I was hoping to save my dollars for a breast lift with implants (I had zero boobs before I gained weight, and at my heaviest was a 44F, so THAT surgery will def be a must once I reach goal). I wonder if a panni does anything for the mons area...? 

VSG w/Dr. John J Kelly @ UMASS memorial on 5/14/14 HW 271.6 SW 231.6 M1-21.6, M2-13.2, M3-11.8, M4-12.8, M5-9.4

emelar
on 8/14/14 1:59 am - TX

Nikke, in case your PS didn't mention it and you haven't seen it anywhere else, your mons area is going to go through its very own swell hell after the LBL.  That seems to be the point where all of the fluid accumulates as you're healing.  You'll see people refer to the "Ken doll" look.  It's just one of those maddening healing side effects and it goes away.

Lemily
on 8/13/14 4:40 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I have had this problem my entire life, no matter what size i am. Its TOTALLY concerning to me and I think once i am ready for plastics, that area is getting addressed as well.

G5x5
on 8/13/14 5:37 am - VA

Not a lady, but also not exactly a laymen (so to speak)....

Standard answer:  "The final outcome depends on variables whi*****lude genetics, age, excess weight, among others" etc. etc. blah blah blah (nothing new here right?)

Most likely answer:  It may improve some as your weight loss progresses, but assume it's yours to keep.  Body fat in this area tends to be reluctant to leave and often falls into what might be best described as "deflation", like a balloon with the air let out.  Unless all the factors are in your favor, it's unlikely the skin will tighten up to match the photographs we've all seen in the magazines of your choice.

The good news:  As plastics go, it's probably one of the easier adjustments to make.  However, even without plastics, it's probably 90% in your head.  It's unlikely that others are viewing your body, particularly that area, through the same lense you are using.  You see it every day in the mirror after a shower, but others aren't.  Also, consider that no matter what, this is an area that's readily maskable via clothing.

Final plastics comment:  While this is fixable via plastics, you have to ask yourself if it's worth it?  Basically, how much do you spend on something relatively few people see other than yourself?  With unlimited funding, heck fix everything.  But if you're going this route, spend the money where you get most visual bang for your buck.  For some people that might a chin lift, others arms, or others a tummy tuck.  The va-ja-ja area is probably way down the list for most people.

Final guy comment:  Any guy (or lady if that's your thing) who is getting a view of what you see, probably stopped caring about the particular view long before getting to that point.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Bufflehead
on 8/13/14 6:34 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

My FUPA went away and left me with the sad pale sack of skin hanging over my lady bits as you so aptly describe it.

I don't see any hope outside of plastic surgery for getting rid of that. Frankly I'd rather have my FUPA back instead of the wrinkly chicken skin attached to the front of my pubes, but since my options were either remaining SMO or getting the wrinkly chicken skin . . . I'm happy with the chicken skin. And maybe a pot of money will fall from the sky and I can get it surgically fixed some day.

TheNewT
on 8/13/14 7:38 am
VSG on 08/04/14

What the ham sandwich! It is hard being a woman. Now I have to look for sagging skin there. THERE! I've gotta go see a mirror about a FUPA! 

emelar
on 8/13/14 8:01 am - TX

Mons lift.  It gets done as part of a tummy tuck, lower body lift, or panniculectomy.  It can probably be done as a stand-alone procedure, but heck, if you're going under, you might as well get something else fixed as well!

civilmomma
on 8/14/14 1:56 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Mine is saggy too.  My OB even so kindly commented that my vaginal wall skin was also saggy (during my annual pelvic) and she advised against using a diaphragm as contraception b/c of said saggy skin in there.  My mons is deflating and drooping.  It kind of flaps around a little and I have to be careful with pants giving me camel toe now where before that wasn't an issue I encountered.

My husband doesn't seem to mind that or my saggy boobs - so for now - I dress myself well with good bras and fuller cut undies to contain and smooth over the saggy bits.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views