Severe shooting pains, over 3 weeks post op

Nata-Sleeve
on 8/13/14 5:08 am

Question... I am over 3 weeks post op, and I was feeling great. So great, that I think I overdid it with the exercise last week. I felt like I had pulled a muscle, and so I took the weekend off. But, it hasn't gotten any better. In fact, it is much more painful and I'm starting to get scared. I have made an appointment to see my doc tomorrow, so please don't suggest that. 

I was just wondering if any of you experienced these sharp, sudden, severe pangs upon sitting, standing, reaching, etc. It feels like a shooting burning pain that slides down my gut, to the left of my belly button. I don't have any other symptoms that might indicate a leak--no fever, no vomitting, normal bowel movements. Its just really annoying and painful, and I thought at this far out I would be feeling better. 

Have any of you experienced this late-in-the-game pain? If so, what did you do about it? What did your doctor say? Is it a sign of complications? I'd be interested to know how common this is. 

HW: 310, SW:??? (7/22/14), GW: 175

Tracy D.
on 8/13/14 5:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nope, never experienced it.  My definition of "severe" may be different than yours.  If I was having that bad of pain I would be getting my butt to an emergency room and not waiting for a doctor's appointment.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Melissa0518
on 8/13/14 6:03 am
with

I had a very sharp stabbing when I ache something that didn't agree with me. I ate my gasx and I was ok by the next day. Are you eating anything? Or were you just feeling that after you exercised? If so I would go straight to the doctors 

aprilcsh
on 8/13/14 2:52 pm

I had that sort of pain also and thought that I over did it to with cleaning the house and I even went to the e r , I ended up having to go into emergency surgery for a removal of a transfascial stucture ,  immediately felt better after.

Most Active